• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose a graphics card please <3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caamdaddy

Please please help me, I am in a big rush to get this new build together. I will be using my computer for video editing like vegas/after effects, but I will also be playing a lot of games like LoL, BF3, CoD and such. I want to know which would suit me better, a Galaxy GTX 670, or a Gigabyte OC 7950. I spoke to some guys at my local pc store and they said they have never heard of galaxy and that it will be much safer to go with AMD, they also said that the 7950 will perform much better than the 7950 but I have read some stuff that BF3 favours the Nvidia cards more than AMD. Please please help me, they are also both $400 and I am in australia :)

never heard of Galaxy but my friend has a GTX 560 (not that old actually) and its really good plays any game to this day on ultra. for bout 300$ here in the usa ( phoenix ) about 5-6months ago. and games like BF3 it does Favor Nvidia cards, i have a HD Radeon 6770 ( i know its old ) but still runs things max to this day. i'd go with the Gigabyte OC 7950. even though i think Nvidia cards are over priced and that Radeon is cheap and kicking *** ;)

im not sure if my hd 6770 can or not but my friend plays on a 46inch TV from his PC. since BF3 is the most gpu or cpu hungry right now, ill just say he can run it ultra with highest settings and resolution. and still play thhe game with no lag. like i said i dont know what games are 1080 or not so feel free to correct me. the highest FPS i got on my 6770 is 60-70 on bf3 ultra and max resolution so.

Yeah my friend has a gtx 560 ti and it has trouble on ultra, what do you mean when you say its a ref card? and also, is that 7970 australian dollars?!

they all so have a Gigabyte OC 7970 for $499 i would save up for that . if its just betwen the Galaxy GTX 670, or a Gigabyte OC 7950 i would go with the 7950 oc . but im with the red team . and the 670 is the better card . but you are going to oc your 7950 to even it up .

u also gotta remember 560 (TI) means lower/crappy and budget card. just like the GTX 550 ti was a fail in the market. dont know what your friend runs but my 6770 and his GTX 560 run ultra no problem. hmmpft.

All I want to know is, will the 7950 run bf3 on ultra with around 60fps, if it does, I am fine with a 7950. That is all I will ever need :)

yes thats a australian online shop ref means reference the way amd made the board and cooler on the card . my 6770 is 60-70 on bf3 ultra and max resolution so. what is your res ? you must know as you set it in game video settings ? as for your friend he must be happy playing with 20fps or so with not be smooth at all .

umm, not to argue which im going to because on many reviews and statements. TI is worst. if ti is better how come when 550 and 550 ti was realised why was the TI cheaper by like 20-50$?

no. as i'v said before, he plays online with his PC on ultra and his res at 1080p, on the other hand my res is only 720p on ultra.. and he plays big maps with no lag. remember jd101 u gotta add the cpu power in.

what! add the cpu power in. a x79 with 3960x e with a gtx 560 wont play bf3 64mp maps maxed out with smooth frames at 1080p it just wont . and ti is the better card

This is the 560 vs 560 ti, not too much of a difference but you can see, do the same for the 550 as well and check what that one is like :) My cpu and ram came today and I have 3770k and 16gb G skill ram, so that will be fine.
http://www.hwcompare.com/10981/geforce-gtx-560-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti/
And also, if you can run bf3 on ultra with a 6770, I will be fine won't I because the 7950 is better than the 6770 by a fair bit

im not saying add his cpu power in haha, im just sayin like if u knew my friends specs, add his things in and u would see why the performance for him is so good.hes custom built and OC for 10years now. but i see where your getting at so ima just agree and say that . and not trying to start fights lol i always heard TI was worst but i'v never tested vs the none TI so ill take your word on it ;)

yes caamdaddy, some 5000 series of HD radeon can run bf3 ultra with 20-30 FPS. so if u dont want to take my word, youtube some videos lol. and the 7950 will be better by far.

Okay, well I am going to take your word, and just stay with a 7950, that is all I need if it can run Ultra on bf4 1920x1080 I am happy. :) Thankyou! <3

you will need to oc your 7950 to get 60fps on big maps . as my 3770k at 4.4 and my 7970 at stock 925 was not that smooth . and a 7970 is on par with a gtx 560 sli set up i would recon , your friend must run his 560 on ln2 .

Back