• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me find the t/s per. for these speakers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

man.. i just got these speakers off ebay and i've been searching and searching for some t/s perameters, but no luck. they are Focal 5.25" speakers made for Jmlab sib speaker system, 3ohm, 75wrms, the serial # on the back is A42805-02sbd-fm. they sound DAMN good in a sealed box, but i'd really like to make a ported one for them. if anyone could get it for me, i would REALLY appriciate it

I think theres really only two ways to find it. Either E-mail Focal and ask or use a computer program to pull the T/S specs. You can use Speaker Workshop to get the actual T/S params for those drivers. You would have to build a JIG which is I beleive just a few resistors. Speaker workshop is totally free but it is a bit tricky to use.

Ryan

i did email focal but they couldn't help me because these are replacements intended for jmlab sib system :(
i'm gonna look into this jig thing though, doesn't sound too difficult. thanks man!

If you have a decent sound card it shouldnt be hard to get them using speaker workshop. The Vas may be a bit hard since you have to load the cone down. But the other T/S params should be able to be pulled by the computer. You just need a simpl JIG (i think it's just a 10 ohm resistor) to hook the subwoofer driver to the computer.

Ryan

Back