• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pick my new speakers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Voodoo Rufus said:
The Klipschs are superior to the Logitechs. How can you expect a speaker system with a full range driver to get to really higher frequencies like 18KHz+? You know that the Logitech drivers are $5 each don't you? The subs are not as good as the Klipschs either.

Didn't mean to step on any toes...the reason I said "I would personally" go with the logitechs is because of the price...You could spend 4000's on a set of speakers and it would sound the same as a 300 set. The major factor on the sound quaility is your SOUND CARD...if your sound card doesn't have the ability to decode all the frequency the DVD, GAME, or CD is outputting then 5.1 or 4.1 is useless..

But like he said its his money and he will buy what he wants...thats just my opinion...It all goes back to the sound card being used.

i would definately not totally shrug off the z-560's if i were you Malphine. i really like mine, and for 160shipped from newegg, nothing comes close to them for that price.

YES the klipsch's are better, they do have that clearer sound, and the sub hits a tad bit cleaner too if you ask me..

i'd also like to note that unless you're a hardcore audiophile chances are you wont miss the center channel.. i thought i would too, but there are no speakers that come close to the z560's in the price for performance category.

just my opinion, good luck i'm sure you'll really like whatever set you get, both logitech and klipsch make great stuff.

AMD'er said:

Didn't mean to step on any toes...the reason I said "I would personally" go with the logitechs is because of the price...You could spend 4000's on a set of speakers and it would sound the same as a 300 set. The major factor on the sound quaility is your SOUND CARD...if your sound card doesn't have the ability to decode all the frequency the DVD, GAME, or CD is outputting then 5.1 or 4.1 is useless..

But like he said its his money and he will buy what he wants...thats just my opinion...It all goes back to the sound card being used.

When I built this box, my old comp was completely dead (thank whoever for my recent purchase of a laptop ‘second’ computer). To keep my cost down, I decided to postpone any sound card, so I am working off of the C-media chip at the moment. I doubt that it can do justice to anything beyond standard speakers.

When I am ready to buy a sound card, I will start a new thread and the card will have to do justice to the speakers…

Malpine Walis said:

When I am ready to buy a sound card, I will start a new thread and the card will have to do justice to the speakers…

Look I don't know whats really going on...I didn't come on this thread to ruin its purpose....I place my opion on here and then stated why I would choose those speakers...thats what you asked...Next I stated that it really doesn't amount to anything to purchase "top of the line" speakers if you dont have a good sound source...its just like a Home Theater setup...Good speakers + good Receiver = good quality sound...

I said I like the Z560's...because you get a good quality sound from a set for the price that you pay shipped...like others have said...."One of the Best Bang for Buck deals"

If someone has taken offense to what I've posted "MY BAD" its all good..."we live to see another day"

AMD'er and Mr. Chambers, there's no argument about the Z-560's being the best value in computer speakers, period. And if Malpine had asked about a great set of game speakers, the Z-560's would have been my first recommendation regardless of price.

But I've heard the Z-560's and Klipsch 5.1's running DVD's and fellas, its no contest. This is the one area where the Klipsch's sound like they are worth twice as much as the Logitech's. Its not that the Logitech's are that bad when playing movies, its just that the Klipsch 5.1's are that good.

What you guys mentioned, the cleaner output of the satellites and the sub is part of it. But where the Klipsch 5.1 shines is reproducing positional audio and that gives them a big advantage in playing DVD's.

I should note that I'm not anybody's fanboy in this conversation. I looked at the Klipsch and Logitechs when I bought speakers a couple of months ago, and decided on the Monsoon MM2000 because they were the best at playing music and that was my first concern. DVD's are Malpine's, and value was yours. The cool part is we all got the best speakers.

BHD

i dont know much about speakers, except that everyone i know that has creative labs, is happy with em. get a new sound that supports 6.1 and go with the creative 6300 6.1 surround sound. then that way you get a center front and center back speaker. thats what i am going to do when i get enough money. ohh, and besides the speakers are only $129.99. although the sound card is expensive.

punisher2k3

well i simply was going the other way with my opinion. i saw that malpine currently had a 4.1 soundcard, and that he himself had said:

"my speakers are fine for everything but some of the really quiet passages on DVDs. So I need an upgrade."

so to me that makes it sound like he is not really an audiophile freak, but would just like alittle better set. you make the klip's sound like they are 10 times better than the 560's, this is not true, i would know, i owned BOTH sets at one time. yes the klipsch's are better.. but to ME, and many many others it is NOT worth the difference in price.

i saw malphine state that his current set was OK but just wanted alittle better, well i'm not even sure what his current set is, but i'm sure he'd be blown away by the 560's even with its lack of center channel.. its not really missed, again, unless you've got money to burn, and are really into audio.

my oringinal stance on this still stands, if you've got cash to burn malphine, then by all means, go for the klipsch's, but myself, personally, and we all have our opinions, would rather save that large sum of money, and purchase more DVD's or something with it. :)

just my .02 *shrug*

Back