• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me with power supply wattage and recomendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wpunit13

I am planning to build a desktop with following parts. I have been checking lots of wattage calculators, but I am still confused. Could anyone tell me how much wattage PSU would be good and recommend a good one?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1MCb3

Thanks.

You could go pretty low on the wattage with a 84W CPU and 250W GPU, just get a quality unit regardless of the wattage you decide on. I'd probably go with ~500W for single GPU or ~750W for 2x GPU. If you can get more wattage for the same price, then it doesn't hurt to go higher wattage as long as the unit is quality.

You may want to consider spending ~$25 more to get the 4770K or drop down to $229 for the 4760K for overclocking. If you don't OC now, then, in the future, you can OC instead of upgrading the CPU.

You could go pretty low on the wattage with a 84W CPU and 250W GPU, just get a quality unit regardless of the wattage you decide on. I'd probably go with ~500W for single GPU or ~750W for 2x GPU. If you can get more wattage for the same price, then it doesn't hurt to go higher wattage as long as the unit is quality.

You may want to consider spending ~$25 more to get the 4770K or drop down to $229 for the 4760K for overclocking. If you don't OC now, then, in the future, you can OC instead of upgrading the CPU.
+1... all of it. :thup:

A solid 600-700 watt PSU would be fine. If you want to SLI later, better get a good 800-900 watt PSU.

Thanks, I will be going for 650W power supply.

I am planning to buy 4770k thanks for pointing that out. And thanks for the suggestion.

Back