• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help my pick a mobo for my i5-3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuckeyeRideR

Registered
Microcenter has the i5-3570k for $169.99 with the $50 off mobo discount.

I'm pretty much looking for the cheapest z77 ATX board that has great overclocking potential and is reliable. No gaming intended.

Here are the options and current prices:
Asus P8Z77-V LK $105
Biostar TZ77XE4 $115 - like the black/orange color scheme on this board
ASrock Z77 Pro4 $110
MSI Z77A-G45 $110

Please point me in the right direction!
Boards can be seen HERE

Last edited:
The 4 you post are all going to be relatively equal. The way Ivy Bridge overclocking is setup, it doesn't really stress the motherboard that much. You mainly want to look at the power delivery section, since overclocking increases power consumption. The 4 you posted all have 4+1 phase systems, which is the bare minimum and is probably fine for any reasonable daily overclock. The Extreme4 is the cheapest board out with the 8+4 phase system, which is part of the reason that it's so highly recommended. More likely than not though, you'd be fine on the 4 you listed.

Last edited:
Ok that explained it. Thank you. I wonder if Microcenter would pricematch Newegg's price on the Extreme4?

Are any manufacturers known as more reliable???

Ok that explained it. Thank you. I wonder if Microcenter would pricematch Newegg's price on the Extreme4?

Are any manufacturers known as more reliable???

They might, but I don't see them price matching and giving you $50 off.

I'd put ASUS as 1st, Gigabyte 2nd, and ASRock 3rd.

OOopps, disregard my last message. The last day of that sale was Friday, Oct 26th. Now the motherboard is back up to full price.

Back