• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed! LLC off or on??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaanzZ

Hello!

So basically my question is, should i turn LLC (LoadLine Calibration) on or off?
I am trying to OC my AMD Phenom 965 BE and yet to figure out on what % (0-100) i should put my LLC on.

Any help is appreciated!

Yes i do know that.. but i had it turned on at 100% for a while and it looks like the vdroop is bigger with it at 100% than on 35% (thats what i have it on at the moment). And i also read somewhere that it should be at a lower level.. I am confused and that is why im asking for help.

I just switch the thing off, so you could try with it off and work your way up until you get problems with your overclock then back it off a bit. Good luck

Yes i do know that.. but i had it turned on at 100% for a while and it looks like the vdroop is bigger with it at 100% than on 35% (thats what i have it on at the moment). And i also read somewhere that it should be at a lower level.. I am confused and that is why im asking for help.

There is vdroop and there is vdrop. Vdroop refers to the voltage falling off under load. Vdrop refers to the voltage drop at idle in Windows. In my experience, LLC supplements both but supplements the vdroop heavier than the vdrop. In the end, you will just have to experiment with what is best for your system. We can't give you an out of the box answer. And if you think this bios tool is not behaving correctly then maybe there is a bios update that would fix it.

Depends what motherboard you have. Some motherboards use LLC differently. With my LLC off my load voltage rises. At 25% the load voltage is about the same as idle voltage. At 50% 75% load voltage drops. and at 100% i just get bsods, freezes..

Back