• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed with my new i3 530 :S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bliv25

Hi guys, first of all im new here, and would really appreaciate some help if someone could.

My name is Richard and I recently bought a pc from a friend, and its a good pc gaming machine,
everything works fine on the pc, but I noticed the other day that if I turn the plugs off and then back on after a min I boot the pc and by the time it gets into windows(windows764bit) I notice the cores on my processor reach 105oC and then pc turns off.. Anyway, it was overclocked to 4.2Ghz I reduced the speed to 4070Ghz and improved the vcore to 1.248 and its stable in windows, I can play games, all is fine... except... when I first turn on pc after plugs off, I noticed the temp of all the cores goes up to 80+oC nearly 90 for like 2 mins, then all of a sudden they all drop down to 27 and stay there at 27 and go up and down by 1oC.. im so confused why they go up so high then drop down real quick, and all the time they are up pc is working fine, no errors, can play games... so I am just worried that while they are up is this causing long term damage?, can anyone tell me good bios settings of why this is happening? Whats correct vcore settings for 4ghz and what should be optimal.. i've finally got a good gaming pc and want it to last lol, Please could someone help me.

Thankyou, specs of pc are :-

Intel Core i3 530 2.93GHz @ 4070GHz
Gigabyte P55M-UD2
x2 2GB CORSAIR DDR3 PC3-10700H
Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 108
I would guess that the heatsink isnt seated very well and maybe some expansion when it gets heat to it and then makes better contact, this is just a guess. but I would try to reseat the sink and see if it helps. you will need to re-apply the thermal compound if you do it

Thanks for the reply,

Im confused but its everyday it rises in temp real quick ONLY when I turn pc off from plugs and then boots, and for 2 mins temps get real hot for like 2 mins only then all drops to 27-33 for the whole day, or however long its on for.. weird?

I would also use core temp or realtemp for temp monitoring they are designed for the intel chips and work very well and are reliable

Found the prob, it was the bloody cable that plugs from cpu water hydro to motherboard is working sometimes... gonna replace.. thanks dejo ;)

Back