• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help oc amd64 x2 5200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

byrocro

hy there first of all sry for my bad english :)
here it goes
i want to oc my cpu after numerus fails at speed of 2.9ghz with testing occt (cant run prime95 or LinX)after 3 minutes occt reports error i dont know what the problem on other forum everyone tells me that my cpu cant be oc same for mbo (bunch of bull :)) if u ask me) and they wont help

system spec :
mbo: ati purecrossfire with amd 7generation chipset (790fx) on official site for extreme oc
cpu: amd 64 x2 5200+ (65nm) @2700mhz
ram: kingmax 2x2gb @800mhz
cooler: aftermarket cooler zalman max rpm 2600
psu: 700w

my cpu under full load max 40°c @2700mhz, @2800 max 45-50°c, @2900-> error

HELP PLS

if u need any photo just say or anything just pls help

Are you overclocking with the fsb, aka, CPU frequency - or with the multiplier? Does this CPU have an unlocked multiplier? Have you given the CPU any additional voltage?

my multiplier is unlockt, oc with cpu host/htt clock and cpu host/htt boost up clock, cooln'n'quiet is off, didnt rase voltage since i dont know how but everything i need to oc is ulocked cpu,sb,memory, everything if need for some pictures of my bios just say

It will be much simpler to overclock with the multiplier rather than the CPU host frequency but to get very far you must increase the CPU core voltage. Monitor core temps with HWMonitor and stress test with Prime95 blend. Don't let your core temps exceed approximately 55 C.

ok but my max multiplier is 13.5 and i cant go higher then that and when i want to increase voltage i get numbers like 0.0457 does that add to my 1.36v or what that i didnt get how it works

Then its locked. When we ask that question is it locked or unlocked we mean "can you make the multiplier go bigger". All CPUs are unlocked in the other direction.

oooo i get it now :) so i cant oc my cpu r there is another way to oc???

You got a link to the motherboard website where the manual for that motherboard can be looked at? Need it really. To see what they are calling FSB which when raised will raise cpu speed.

Back