• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help on vid card selection.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schwachs

Registered
Hi, I am building a new rig... E6600, 2gb gskill ram, P5B Deluxe Mobo, etc.. I want to get a decent vid card but don't care about DX10 at the moment and don't want to go overboard on a card... that being said, I don't want to cheap out... I am leaning towards a ATI 1900 or an nVidia 7900GT but not sure if there's a defacto better card... also, when looking on NewEgg for the 7900, there are like 50 of them, GTs, GSs, etc. etc... it's a bit daunting.

Any suggestions on a decent card in the $200 range?

The GT's run a little faster than the GS's. If it were me i'd grab a nice 7950GT KO.

Of course not knowing your budget i can't make a solid recomendation.

schwachs said:
Any suggestions on a decent card in the $200 range?

:rolleyes:

that one looks good. that a decent price? any others compare well to it? i'm comfortable going to 250ish range... but don't want to got to 300 and don't care about dx10 any time soon.

The 7950GT is a good card. You can get a used one for around the $200 you want to spend.

I think superclocked is overclocked version of regular card, just with preset gpu clocks in bios of the card. If you use software and increase core frequency of regular card to the one that is superclocked then it will give same level of performance.

Last edited:
Back