• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GxStorm

Hi there overclockers....

Ive built my first gaming rig....and Im ready to overclock :D

This:

Thermaltake v4 black edition
ASRock 970 extreme4
AMD Phenom 2 x4 955 BE
XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual Fan
Samsung f3 Spinpoint 1 TB
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W

The case is well ventilated, with 1x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120 at front intake, and 1 bottom intake (Hyper 212+ stock fan) , a rear exhaust thermaltake fan, the one that came with the case..... and a spire fan, top exhaust, 80mm, nothing special

About the CPU Cooler, its a Cooler Master hyper 212+ with a push pull config with 2x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120.

So for now, with the a CPU voltage at 1.35v, I got to 3.8GHz, i want to get to 4.0GHz, but Ive heard that theres a big wall to 4.0, and not much of a performance improvement, and it requires around 1.5v of CPU voltage
Another thing, NB frequency is at 2600MHz, and CPU/NB voltage at 1.2v

Moved to the AMD CPUs forum... redduc900

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there overclockers....

About the CPU Cooler, its a Cooler Master hyper 212+ with a push pull config with 2x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120.

So for now, with the a CPU voltage at 1.35v, I got to 3.8GHz, i want to get to 4.0GHz, but Ive heard that theres a big wall to 4.0, and not much of a performance improvement, and it requires around 1.5v of CPU voltage
Another thing, NB frequency is at 2600MHz, and CPU/NB voltage at 1.2v

Moved to the AMD CPUs forum... redduc900

Yep if you got to 3.8 at that vCore then it will take about 1.45/7 to hit the 4.0Ghz range. Worth it? Probably not since with more voltage and added speed will come more heat for sure.

Well, ill stick with 3.8GHz....Ive noticed already a overall improvement in games.....

Do you guys advise to over clock my graphics card?

XFX Radeon 6870 Dual Fan?

I'm getting 37-44ºC at idle and 76 max while gaming

Now i bumped the gpu clock to 950MHz and the memory to 1150MHz and on msi kombustor i got a max of 80ºC, that's hot isn't it? :S

Yeah, For example, in the CPU, with Intel Burn test, I got max of 60ºC on the cores, and while gaming, i never got more than 54ºC

So is it okay to run between 70-80ºC?

Played GTA IV maxed out 1600 x 1200 and got a max of 71ºC...so during long gaming sessions, ill probably get 75ºC, thats okay, right? xD

hello :D this is my 955. config plz make any question u need to make the OC too

98625619.png

on load 55~65 C°

Bump up your CPUNB voltage to about 1.25-1.25. It may be referred to simply as NB in your bios but don't confuse it with the chipset NB.

Are you overclocking manually in bios or are you using AMDOD to overclock? Most of us around here would discourage you from using any program or method other than manual controls in the bios. I would also caution you not to rely on the AMDOD stress test to confirm the stability of your overclock settings. It's a very wimpy stress test. Most of us use the Prime95 blend test around here for that. You would need to be able to pass that for at least a two hour run to be confident you are stable.

hello again, and no, i do the OC from bios, i change the multipler for the procesor to 20x, and i test this setup for more than 6 months, when i start the test the first time, i use the prime95 + cinema 4d (on rendering) for more to 12hours +, however the temp are in 65c on full load and 30c ~35c idle, postdata: i live in venezuela. the normal room temperature are 40~45c

Back