• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help Overclocking MD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soraroxas213

I can't seem to change the fsb in my BIOS.
I tried some over clocking softwares but looks like my pll isn't supported.

Here are my specs: (I know it's weak)
MOBO > MS-7309 and American Megatrends Inc. V9.2
CPU & Cooler > AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ = 2.61GHz & AMD Stock CPU Cooler
MEMORY > Kingston & ? & 2GB DDR2
POWER SUPLLY > Rise & 500W
VIDEO CARD > NVIDIA/8400 GS/1(One)
HDDs/Optical Drives > 1 80GB IDE Toshiba HDD and 1 Plextor Sata DVD Dual ROM
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
USB > Flashdrives, Printer, Speakers, PSP.
O/S > Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1
Case > ? /? /2 DC Brushless Fans Installed (Model PL80S12H)

On page #17 of the 'only' manual that was available for download from MSI, the
Frequency/Voltage Control menus are described.

Current DRAM Clock
It shows the current clock of memory. Read-only.
Current CPU Clock
It shows the current clock of CPU. Read-only.
Current FSB Multiplier
It shows the current Front Side Bus Multiplication. Read-only.

READ ONLY means there is NO allowance for changing those settings. So from the only manual available from MSI there seems no provision to change the FSB or Multiplier to allow for increasing cpu speed or overclocking.

I did a down and dirty search for posts on the net about overclocking that motherboard series and the results are not good. Nothing in bios we can view from a distance has any allowance for overclocking the board from bios. N-tune might work to overclock by software. On that 6 or 7 year old motherboard, you are going to have to do some searching in archived information and you might find some results.

Just looking at this board, I would've been surprised for it to have much OC options if any at all.

Too bad, those Brisbane cores were fun to overclock! I used to love my 5000+! :)

I still got some of those chips too. Too bad MSI motherboards in those days were Awful,
low quality caps etc.

Also got some FX-60's and Opteron 185s lying around. Now THOSE WERE FUN LITTLE CHIPS.

Company I used to work for back then didnt sell them. They were in storage for 2-3 years and then I found them asked if I could buy them for like 100 bucks they said ok.(they had no clue the goldmine I had stumbled upon xD)

Those chips went for 1000bucks when released got 20 off them and like 10 opteron 185s.

Too bad I aint got enough motherboards.(Maybe I should buy some of the old motherboards from Asrock they still make 939motherboards for legacy reasons.(for the OP those boards are dirt cheap and overclock mighty fine.)

Thanks for the answers guys. I think the only answer is to buy a new decent computer.

Back