• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking QX6850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coco16

Hello I just got a new QX6850 i have a p5k mobo plus a 9800gtx oc and 4x1gb ddr2 800 500watts psu cooler master.

I used to have a e6850 oc to 3.4ghz 24/7 without problem stock vcore now im trying to overclock my new baby but when i go up to 3.4ghz in 1.35v or 1.37v its fail when i try prime95 my temp idle are around 45-48c and load around 75-80c its never 100% in used its always around 60c but i want to why i cant get the cpu to 3.4ghz is the temp are good idk if the psu is not have power for that beast can someone help me thx.

Those temps are a little high, keep that thing around 70C. ;)

What are your major voltages (NB/SB/PLL/FSBt)

i have all that in auto because i really didnt mess up with that with my previous cpu(e6850) but can you give tips what can i put there i really dont know about that ty alot.

also i waiting for a new zalman 9700 led(now i have a artic cooler 7 pro

Welcome to the Forum!:welcome: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=491697 coco16
What cpu heatsink/fan are you using?
If I remember, those cpu's get pretty warm.
I would try to oc with just 2 ram slots for the start. 4 usually puts a little more strain on the northbridge, so you have to kick up the voltage to the ram(vdimm) and northbridge(watch then nb temp).
What model/make of ram? What voltage are you running to them?

artic cooler 7 pro
I have crusial ballistic tracer 800mhz oc 1000mhz with no problem 2.2v

This should help you out a bit: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316

One shouldnt overclock with things on auto. Boards tend to overvolt in favor of stability. I would set what I listed to their stock voltages and then try to climb up form there. Are you trying to overclock with the multi or FSB? You really shouldnt have to touch ANY voltage over stock for 3.4Ghz.

What is the VID of the chip (DL and install coretemp and see what it says)?

well i put the multi to 10x and fsb to 340 and with coretemp it say 1.3500v

The VID for that chip is 1.35v? I thought the highes for it was 1.25v? Can you post a screenshot of Coretemp showing the VID being 1.35v please...?

That's 65nm EarthDog. A 1.35 VID is very possible. My X6800 has a 1.325 VID & my E6600 is 1.35.

Ahhhh, thank you JLK!

It should still be able to do 3.4Ghz at 1.37v though yes? I would say add more vcore and see if it boots then. Maybe take it to 1.4v.

Its possible, but doubtful. 500W should handle your rig just fine really. Besides, you arent even stressing the the GPU so you are only using like 250W at most with only CPU at 100%.

now it pass more than 10 sec with out crash but my temps are going crazy high around 82c on core#3 so i just stop prime95

Back