• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking QX6850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your temps are too high dude. I would look into some better cooling or remount the HS/F you have with new thermal paste.

i just order a new zalman 9700 led from newegg i hope this will help cold down the temps now i have a artic cooler 7 pro

I would have went with a TRUE or Xigmatek s1283 instead. Zalman is known for silence, not supreme cooling. With that said, it should still be better than the AC7.

i was checking the artic cooler and i notice that one of the pins that hold the cooler to the board its like broke so i guess that another problem

also if i increase the multi to 10x i need to increase vcore too or it will work fine

Last edited:
Looks like your room temp is high. O_O

(You're in the 90s outside when most places are chilly now!)

anyone here with same cpu can give me some tips about vcore and mb setting also what is better increase multi or fsb ty

try my settings for a 3.4 ghz oc...i have a q6600 (vid 1.325) and urs is like its bigger brother.

cpu: 1.432 (1.416 actual after vdroop)-find out what ur vdroop is and get ur voltgae to be 1.416
vtt: 1.36
cpu gtl: .63
nb gtl: .67
bus speed: 425
multiplier: 8
nb voltage: if ur chipset is p35, or x38 like mine try : 1.45-1.47 (dont know about the 4x series.

thanks a lot Im going to try tomorrow im receiving my new cooler so i hope to get down temps lol i let you what happens.

I have been playing around with vcore to get a stable 3.6ghz from my qx6850 I try 1.5v-1.55 with no luck now 1.56v and im a little more stable but that vcore is in bios in cpu-z its like 1.48v or less idk why.

Thats called Vdrop. When you load it with prime does it drop more? Thats called vdroop! Your board may have a function called Load Line Calibration or LLC or something similar to counteract that affect.

I would check out the overclocking guides to help shore up the knowledge base a bit. :)

You should take temps doing something else because prime just burn everything.
If your main is gaming you can see that ANY game doesn't need more than %25 load per core.
I use PRIME to test new OC's but not to worry about temps. Of course that if i get 100 loading prime i would worry lol.
I don't think 500w is enough for that rig anyways... but meaby i am wrong
if you wanna be more sure, try lowring the multiplier and mantain your fsb and make it stable and check temps, after that i would increase multiplier and vcore if needed to be more sure.
leave memories on stock for a start

I just upgrade my psu to a cooler master silent pro m600 with 600watts and yes earthdog in the bios there is an option called Load Line Calibration how can i used that or fixed.

thx

Back