• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Scanning Large document

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

Hello All,

I have a question that may be a bit confusing. i will try to explain it and if it does not make sense please let me know.

So, i am scanning a massive document for work. Problem is with our scanner - it is not a duplex scanner. So what i have done is scanned 2 documents.
Document 1 = all odd pages of the book - ie. book pages 1,3,5,7
Document 2 = all even pages of the book - ie. book pages 8,6,4,2 (need to reverse this order as well with the program before merging)

What i want to do is somehow merge this as one file so i need something that will take page1 from doc1 and stick last page as page 2... effectively combine the documents together to have book pages 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

That way it will link all the pages together...

I will be doing this on a grander scale but wanted to get it working with a smaller set of two pdfs... We can scan multiple sheets ... well, we can stick a stack of 40 sheets in at a time, the problem is it wont scan both sides only one sides and our pages are double sided.

Does this make sense? I downloaded two scripts and one automater workflow (OSX) - neither of them did as they said they would :(

Any idea how I could potentially merge these files...

thanks, LZ

Well, If the scanner is outputting pdf's, one per page side, then I would use pdfsam. Pdf split and merge
http://www.pdfsam.org/
Whether you do even or odd first they should be named so and pdfsam will take care of the rest.

Found Your Answer

Hey Lord,

I used to have to do the pdf merge at work all the time and I have an absolutely awesome solution for you that once you use you probably won't ever use other pdf software.

Ecopy Desktop 9.2.... here's the link http://download.cnet.com/eCopy-Desktop/3000-10743_4-10920806.html

Pm me and i'll gladly give you the most unbelievable simple solution for taking it from evaluation to registered.

Ecopy Desktop is what i still use here at home for exactly what you want to do with it.

I would recommend Bulk Rename Utility (a portable app is also available) to rename your files in order. It has the ability to pad numbers (00001) and to increment numbering in different increments (2: 1, 3, 5, or -2: 5, 3, 1), so that'll get your images in order before you PDF them together.

another good one

I would recommend Bulk Rename Utility (a portable app is also available) to rename your files in order. It has the ability to pad numbers (00001) and to increment numbering in different increments (2: 1, 3, 5, or -2: 5, 3, 1), so that'll get your images in order before you PDF them together.

this one is simplistic and portable as well .. I found this free gem and have used it for years. 1-4a rename : http://www.1-4a.com/rename/

Back