• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help to configure solution with EKWB LC hardware/ parts and accessories

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rocafella1978

hi all, I have a fan cooled computer, but i would like to change my system to a EWKB liquid cooled setup. (or maybe another solution?)

But i have no idea, what i need, adapters, fittings, wires, hoses, tubing, coolants, pumps, reservoirs, plates, back-plates, thermal pads, thermal greases and etc. (i find the configurator useful, but doesn't explain, what I need and then there is so many versions of the items...that I don't really understand it all.)

This is my system:
CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Special Edition (PH-ES813P_SGR)
MOBO: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme U3.1 X99
CPU: Intel i7-5930K (BX80648I75930K)
RAM: G.Skill 128GB Ripjaws V (F4-3000C14Q2-128GVKD)
GPU: 3x Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
M.2/ NVMe: Samsung 950Pro 512GB (Operating System)
SSD: Samsung 850Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 512GB

Also am using NOCTUA fans, will these be usable for the EKWB liquid cooling setup?
2x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1200 PWM Fan
2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Cooling Fan
2x Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200
6x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1200 Fan

would be thankful for any pointers, and guidance to what i need.

Are you looking for a simple CPU loop or to water cool the Titans as well ?

For a novice just getting your feet wet I would recommend a kit, they make several.

This insure you 100% compatibility so you don't order things that would not work together, or miss something you need delaying your built

They are easily expandable, and are of the highest quality

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p240

They also make a 280 mm , Either would cool you CPU nicely,

I would use it up front, if memory serves that case can do a 480 or 360 up top, will need every bit of that to cool down 3x Titans if you decide to expand

EK also make some very nice full cover blocks for those cards

You would need 3x of those, 360/480 rad, Tri SLI bridge and the additional fittings to make it work

Please make sure you read the watercooling sticky threads.. like twice. This will give you some knowledge and background..

But ueah, what are you cooling? If it's the cpu and the three titans, you are going to need multi radiators. The titans themselves are 250W each and need at least 2x120mm worth of radiator (preferably 3x120mm).

Back