• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

liquid cooling first timer need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andolee

Hello everyone! After a couple of weeks reading and watching tutorials I think I'm confident enough to build my first loop.

pc components are:

Case - NZXT H440
MB - ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
grapchics - 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified Hydro Copper
DDR - Corsair Vengeance 16gb 2400 mhz
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
CPU - Intel Core i7 4790k
SSD - 2x Samsung 840 120gb
HDD - Western Digital 1tb calvair black
1x Corsair Air Series AF140
and 3x 24" monitors

as for the loop I will want to water cool the cpu and the 2 gpus
components are:

pump - Swiftech MCP655
reservoir - Bitspower Z-Multi 250 mm
radiators - 2x Swiftech MCR320-QP Res Rev 2 cooled by 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM each
CPU block - Swiftech Apogee XT
tubings - XSPC HighFlex Hose UV 19/13 mm
fittings - Koolance Fitting 19/13 mm
liquid - innovatek Protect IP
killcoil

I'm aware that distilled water might be a better solution but I think I will try with innovatek liquid because it have some very good properties.

I was thinking for a loop that looks like res>pump>rad>cpu>rad>gpus>res
my questions are:

Will 1 pump be enough for the loop ?
Do I need 2 loops ?
Is my loop optimal ?
Will I need second psu for the pump only ?
Do I need to put killcoil in the reservoir with liquid other than distilled water?
Are those reliable components?
Should I order the stuff or should I change something ?
any tips will help me.
Thanks!!! :salute:

Will 1 pump be enough for the loop ? yes Do I need 2 loops ? redundancy is nice Is my loop optimal ? no Will I need second psu for the pump only ? no Do I need to put killcoil in the reservoir with liquid other than distilled water? depends on the liquid Are those reliable components? yes other than I like primochill tubing Should I order the stuff or should I change something ?
if you are happy with each 120 having to disapte 97 watts

Plenty of rad, personally for this load I would go with a 120.8 set up, especially if you are going to pound on it

And I'll add the Noctua NF-P12 is a better fan for radiators, as it's made to deliver higher air pressure.
I used the F12 with good results on a QP-Res triple, and honestly you could put just about any fan on this radiator and get decent cooling, but it sounds like you'll need better performance than I required...

Hello everyone! After a couple of weeks reading and watching tutorials I think I'm confident enough to build my first loop.

pc components are:

Case - NZXT H440
MB - ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
grapchics - 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified Hydro Copper
DDR - Corsair Vengeance 16gb 2400 mhz
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
CPU - Intel Core i7 4790k
SSD - 2x Samsung 840 120gb
HDD - Western Digital 1tb calvair black
1x Corsair Air Series AF140
and 3x 24" monitors

as for the loop I will want to water cool the cpu and the 2 gpus
components are:

pump - Swiftech MCP655
reservoir - Bitspower Z-Multi 250 mm
radiators - 2x Swiftech MCR320-QP Res Rev 2 cooled by 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM each
CPU block - Swiftech Apogee XT (I would change this to the newer designed more affordable APOGEE XL.)
tubings - XSPC HighFlex Hose UV 19/13 mm (Change this to PrimoChill Advanced LRT.)
fittings - Koolance Fitting 19/13 mm
liquid - innovatek Protect IP (Recommend distilled water)
killcoil

I'm aware that distilled water might be a better solution but I think I will try with innovatek liquid because it have some very good properties.

Pure distilled water will hold better thermal properties than other liquids.

I was thinking for a loop that looks like res>pump>rad>cpu>rad>gpus>res
my questions are: Order won't matter as long as the res is feeding the pump naturally.

Will 1 pump be enough for the loop ? Sure unless you want more pumping power and redundancy.
Do I need 2 loops ? Nope
Is my loop optimal ? Depends on your components and routing. Optimal in rad vs heat, sure.
Will I need second psu for the pump only ? Nope. Only have the pump installed when doing leak testing while the other equipment is off.
Do I need to put killcoil in the reservoir with liquid other than distilled water? Nope.
Are those reliable components?
Should I order the stuff or should I change something ? Hold on till you have everything finalized.
any tips will help me.
Thanks!!! :salute:

Back