• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help underclocking fsb with program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kingdrastic1

Registered
Hi i need some assistance in underclocking my fsb with any program that will work with my pc
my specs are
asus z87 - a motherboard
gtx 780 < even though this doesn't really matter i suppose
i5 4670k
what other information is required?
To be clear, i require a program that will underclock my fsb, would appreciate all kinds of help regarding my situation.

Your bios should do it... Why do you need a program? Why lowering bclk (not FSB anymore) in the first place?

Your bios should do it... Why do you need a program? Why lowering bclk (not FSB anymore) in the first place?

My bclk is 100
How high can it go and how low can i tog without it being unstable or messing my computer up?
ucing my fsb for a certain reason, it gives me an advantage in a certain game i play because of the way the game is optimised. Although i think it has to be done with a program and not bios so do you know a program that can do it instead of bios? ive tried clockgen and setfsb but they dont work.

Try using one of the straps and set it to 125. Make sure your ram can handle the speed it goes to as well. Same with the cpu.

Though, not sure it will really help with this cpu. Things may not have th e same limits on newer processors as back in the Fsb days. Your board should have sine software for it. Check the Asus website for your board and try its software. Again though, this is normally done in the bios.

Try using one of the straps and set it to 125. Make sure your ram can handle the speed it goes to as well. Same with the cpu.

Though, not sure it will really help with this cpu. Things may not have th e same limits on newer processors as back in the Fsb days. Your board should have sine software for it. Check the Asus website for your board and try its software. Again though, this is normally done in the bios.

Just found out that my motherboard cd has the option of installing a software called 'asus ai suite 3' which is a program that can alter blck which you say is the fsb and no need for bios.
Thanks for your help.

Just found out that my motherboard cd has the option of installing a software called 'asus ai suite 3' which is a program that can alter blck which you say is the fsb and no need for bios.
Thanks for your help.

But tweaking from the BIOS is almost always better and more stable.

Ok guys so i managed ot reduce my BCLK and i can get it from 100 to 94 and everything still being stable. However if i go to 93 my computer freezes and i need to manually restart everything. Do you know how i can go below 94 without my comp freezing? do i lower cpu cache ratio or any other? Currently cpu cache ratio is set to 38

Ok guys so i managed ot reduce my BCLK and i can get it from 100 to 94 and everything still being stable. However if i go to 93 my computer freezes and i need to manually restart everything. Do you know how i can go below 94 without my comp freezing? do i lower cpu cache ratio or any other? Currently cpu cache ratio is set to 38

My bclk is 100
How high can it go and how low can i tog without it being unstable or messing my computer up?
ucing my fsb for a certain reason, it gives me an advantage in a certain game i play because of the way the game is optimised. Although i think it has to be done with a program and not bios so do you know a program that can do it instead of bios? ive tried clockgen and setfsb but they dont work.

So lowering your BCLK actually improves your game performance? :confused:

So lowering your BCLK actually improves your game performance? :confused:

No i dont need to improve my game performance, my gtx 780 sc does everything i need but this is for something specific, you wouldnt understand but it gives me an unfair advantage in a quite old game beacuse of the way the engine was designed, lowering the fsb(bclk) while your in game makes the hitbox of the enemy larger and u hit harder. It's quite an old game called GunZ, you wouldnt understand unless you are a gunz player.

No i dont need to improve my game performance, my gtx 780 sc does everything i need but this is for something specific, you wouldnt understand but it gives me an unfair advantage in a quite old game beacuse of the way the engine was designed, lowering the fsb(bclk) while your in game makes the hitbox of the enemy larger and u hit harder. It's quite an old game called GunZ, you wouldnt understand unless you are a gunz player.

Weird...

Anyway as to why your rig crashes at 93Mhz BCLK, could be many things.
BCLK is tied to everything. RAM, Pcie, Hard drives etc.

Any one of those could be the cause in addition to the CPU itself.

as silver said, you may not be able to go lower. as PCIE/SATA busses get there speed from the base clock. it is basicly going out of spec when doing down, there is no telling what kind of issues may a rise from doing this.

TBH, i hate playing games where people need an unfair advantage to play a game. that would be one of the reasons why i hate playing games online with others now. everyone has to use something to help them play. there is no skill required and everyone wants the easy way so they can seem better then other people when they play.

may your pc crash constantly!

Last edited:
Haswell on standard boards is working stable up to +/- 3MHz so you will start losing stability at 96 and 104MHz ( or simply won't boot at all ). Only best boards have option to set it higher ( I'm not sure if lower as almost noone is trying to set lower bclk ).

Back