• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, Windows 7 won't load - black screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

balmo

I just finished my new build:

CPU: Phenom 2 x4 956 BE
Motherboard: Asus M5A97
Memory: Patriot Sector5 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
HDD: WD 5900rpm 1Tb
Video card: MSI R5450 1GB DDR3
PSU: Cooler Master 500W

I was able to get to Asus UEFI BIOS to change the boot sequence so I can install Win7. It did install. But after a reboot, it goes black screen. I do see the Asus screen (Del to go to BIOS) but after that the screen goes black.

Interestingly though, if I go to Asus UEFI BOIS right after booting and manually select to boot with HDD the Windows 7 it will load up Windows okay. It just won't load Windows by itself. I already have changed the boot sequence to HDD first in the UEFI BIOS so now I am stumped. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

If you select the hard drive manually and it works, it is still likely to be a boot order issue.

Make sure that it is booting from the hard drives first.
If you have multiple hard drives, make sure the proper one is first.

Have you tried loading default settings or resetting the CMOS/BIOS?

okay, i brought my desktop to my dad's house and he immediately saw my boot sequence is wrong. he fixed that right away and we got to win7 without any problems. we installed some software/drivers and rebooted the computer several times, all of which didn't have problems.

when i got to my house and hooked the desktop up, again the black screen after the asus screen. the only thing that i could think of is that my lcd monitor is too old. its a samsung lcd from 2001. do you guys think that the old lcd screen is the problem?

Check your boot sequence to see if it changed when you moved it.

You could try another monitor, but I really doubt that is going to fix it.

Back