• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with a gaming pc for my friend.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bennybean12345

Registered
My friend has saw that i have recently built a gaming pc and he now asks for me to build him one. He will be giving me £500 tomorrow and he needs it built by the 14th of january so i was thinking of ordering everything tomorrow when he gives me the money. so far i have found a few items and i need somebody to check them over.

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard

AMD FX 6200 Processor - 3.8GHz

Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 XMS3 Desktop Memory 4GB

Sapphire hd7850, 2gb, gddr5 (11200-14-20G OC)

OCZ OCZ500MXSP-UK ModXstream Pro 500W ATX Power Supply

Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive

Zalman Z9 Midi Tower Case - Black (ATX, M-ATX, 7 Expansion Slots)

LG GH24NS90.AUAA50B 24x SATA Bare Internal DVD Rewriter - Black

Thanks in advance :):)

Things you might need:

1, CPU cooler.
2, OS which ever you prefer
3, PSU I might get 650W at least.
4, any SSD required
5, mouse/keyboard unless you re-using old ones
6, Monitor? 24-27" inch will be nice for gaming
7, headphones for gaming

things to consider.
- I like have my CD bay with Blu-ray equipped
- I will prefer to have 8GB RAM min, depending on what you plan to do with it.
- I also think 500GB HDD is on the small side, the price between than and 1TB shouldn't be too large I think.

okay i will get a seagate barracuda 1tb, and a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. And myfriend has a monitor, mouse and the os and stuff like that. So with the cooler and 1tb will everything be fine and have no compatibility issues ?

looks ok to me.
and that cooler should fit into the case just fine.

Well I haven't ordered the CPU yet so ill probably get the fx6300, thanks for the advice :D

Actually I can get the FX-8120 for the same price so should I get that or the fx-6300 ?

Okay i didn't know that. And I didn't want a new build I just wanted to see if mine would work :)

Hopefully it ships with the latest BIOS...otherwise you'll need to update it for the CPU to work...and you can't update it with a CPU. That's why we'd advise going for a 9 series chipset board so you can be 100% sure it'll support all CPUs out of the box.

Mine has a 1TB HDD, 8GB of RAM, and a more up to date motherboard for the same price as well...

Okay I will definitely get your motherboard, but is the sapphire radeon hd7850 compatible with the motherboard ?

actually I want to stick with fx-6200 and m5a78l-m/usb3 because I can get them with 4gb ram for £140, however will they work with my original build ?

At that price I'd say it's worth it. It should all work. You should have enough money left over to get a 7870 in there though.

Okay I've decided to get the motherboard you chose (m5a97 r2.0), but would it work with fx-6200 and my original build ?

Back