• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with ASRock Z77 EX4, GTX670 no detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dockerthedog

Registered
Hi all,

I'm having an issue after swapping the CPU on my build. What has happened is that I swapped an i7 2700K for the 3570K that was in my build. After doing so, I booted the pc back up and no video. I pulled and reset the card and memory, cleared the cmos again (I had done it before pulling the 3570K) and tried again with the card in the top PCIe slot. Still nothing. I can get video from the onboard and tried a 8800GTX and a 9800GTX+ and both of those worked. I put the 670 in my wifes PC, it is exactly the same, except the boot hdd and the video card, using a 3570K, and it worked fine. I finally got the 670 to be recognized in the bottom slot but would like it in the top as the airflow off it helps cool the PCH. I didn't reformat or anything, just popped the 2700k in and rebooted after clearing the cmos. I've tried setting slots to Gen 1, 2, 3, and auto and it still isn't recognized.

Here are my specs
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 bios 2.80
i7 2700K
Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce
OCZ SSD
Corsair 750W
HAF 932

Thanks

Is what plugged in? The 670? Yes it is plugged in and works fine in my wifes pc and in the lower, 8x slot, on the board. I think it is an issue when using a PCIe 3.0 card with a Sandy Bridge cpu. When the 3570K was in, there were no issues.

Should be no issues with z77 and sb, it would just run at 2.0 speeds, seems more with that slot. Is the card detected in bios when in that slot?

Sandy Bridge's do not support PCIe-3, but they run PCIe3 cards@PCIe2 speed...

Maybe a bios roll back will help.

Or that could be some dodgy contact between card and PCIe slot. Use a brush or a compressed air can.

I know that SB works with these, that's not it... try removing the CMOS battery jus tin case hitting the button didnt clear things. I have seen that happen before.

It is not seen in the first slot but is seen and working in the lower slot, just at PCIe 2.0 8x. I think its an issue with the board. There have been a lot of post about not detecting cards in the first slot. I'll mess with it tonight and see if I can get it going and if not, then I'm going to get the Gigabyte Z77X UD5H or UD4H. I really got the ASRock just for the combo deal at Microcenter.

Back