• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with E6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GC1983

Registered
Hey guys,

I haven't posted here for close to two years as I gave up with the OC Business :)

That said, I'm back at it and I'm trying to squeeze every last MHz I can out of my E6600. Again, It's been a while since I've tweaked my system and I'm still getting back into the swing of things.

Anyhow, I can clock my E6600 to 3.15GHz without any dramas. I've left the cpu voltage at 1.3v, however, I'm sure I can bring it down even further and sustain stability.

9 x 350 (3.15GHz) seems to work fine - no problems at all (Ran prime for 3 hours).

However, when I drop the multiplier to 8 and try to run an FSB of 400 (3.2GHz), the system refuses to load. Initially, I thought it was the voltage so I raised it in small increments until I got to 1.35v and stopped there; still no dice!

My ram should run at the stock voltage of 1.8v on these settings. I wanted to take ram issues out of the equation so I raised the voltage to 2.0v with no success.

I just find it strange that I can run the system fine at 3.15Ghz with a 9 x multiplier but can't run it at 3.2Ghz with an 8 x multiplier.

I'm thinking I should try to loosen the ram timings. Again, I've been out of the game for so long that I'm stumped - I've hit a brick wall. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and also. For my system (see sig), are these 3Dmark results "okay"? I've recorded pictures from the standard clock speeds to the current :)

Edit: Don't pay too much attention to those disturbing GPU temps. I've made a thread about that too :)

I'll be working on cooling that down throughout the week.

benchmark.jpg

to achieve what you want i think you would need to raise ur volts up to 1.4, have your tried messing with your northbridge volts to achieve stability. on my e6600 i found if i wanted to get stable to 3.2 or past i had to increase cpu volts i had it up to 3.5 stable on 1.4v forgot what the northbridge was. But that was the highest i could achieve for some reason.

Back