• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with fans not reading correctly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cjkart20

Hey guys, so I just rebuilt my computer with a new case. I have 2 chassis fans and 1 CPU fan connected. When I look in HWMonitor I only see the CPU and 1 chassis fan connected. But then when I look in the AI Suite I see all three fans listed. However, sometimes Chassis fan 4 does really weird thing and gives an extremely high RPM reading. What is it causing this? How come HWMonitor doesn't show all the fans?
crazy fan.JPG fan.JPG fans.JPG

From my understanding its best not to use multiple fan reading software as that could cause of some type of conflict. Use the software that came with the MB manufacturer and verify that by going into the BIOS is your best bet.

And sometimes the mobo just doesn't cooperate. The one fan acting weird could be the fan.

HW Monitor could have the wrong address for some fans, thus they don't show up. And won't till HW Monitor rewrites some code.

:) I can assume the 670k RPM fan is the one acting funny.

Back