• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Both 2x(1) and (2) are two sticks (2x4gb), so manufacturing 2 sticks raises the cost is not an answer. Anyway thanks for your help.

Kingmax? Never heard of it.

Unless you're in Australia or Asia, you won't. It's not sold anywhere else. :D

Kingmax have been around for a good long time. Far longer than pretty much everyone except Kingston or Samsung memory really.

Unless you're in Australia or Asia, you won't. It's not sold anywhere else. :D

Kingmax have been around for a good long time. Far longer than pretty much everyone except Kingston or Samsung memory really.

I'm from India, which is in Asia. Though probably it's not sold.

I've ordered the following rig:-
Processor-Intel Core i7-2700k $393.12
Motherboard-Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R $237.44
PSU-Corsair CMPSU-500CXV2UK $67.62
HDD-Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HD Internal Hard Dri (ST1000DM003) $106.54
Cabinet-Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid Tower $178.3
The site has a limit of $1000 on cash on delivery so I'll order the RAM-G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) later.

Thanx for everyone who replied.

Now I'd would like you guys to point me to the assembling guides which you yourself use or have used.

Last edited:
You'll find its easier than you previously thought, and then wonder why you've never built your own before ;)

You'll find its easier than you previously thought, and then wonder why you've never built your own before ;)

Compared to the days of setting jumpers and trying to resolve IRQ conflicts, yep just plug and play. If you can read a few pages of well laid out instructions and are able to play with Lego then you should be able to handle it. Just be methodical and patient.

So the site just informed me that the motherboard has gone out of order and now I've to look for another one. So now please suggest some for around $240.

I like these two
1)Asus MotherBoard -MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z $257.5
2)Asus MotherBoard -P8Z68-V-LE $212.18
Is the extra money for (1) worth it.

Last edited:
It's a good motherboard, but slightly expensive and it's a smaller form factor "MicroATX". I'd see if they have the P8Z68-V GEN3 or the P8Z68-V PRO GEN3.

P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 is $40 more than 1 while the P8Z68-V is $10 more so I don't really see the value in spending this much.

Back