• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with screen distortion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimco

Hello guys
Created this accpunt because im in a bit of a fix and need some help. So i bought a refurbished samsung sync master s27a850d 1440p pls monitor for quite cheap (third party so no warranty of the sort) initially the monitor came with the left side showing distorted colors so i returned it. The seller tried fixing it initially but but couldnt so i asked that he change the motherboard to see if that would work. He did and the distortion was history. Unfortunately, the motherboard did not belong to the type of monitor so the pc failed to recognise it and it didnt work well so i returned it. For some reason he was aable to fix the problem and i used it for over a month. Then the problem reappeared. I gave it to a technician (a lazy one at that) and after three weeks tells me that there was smoke on the motherboard yet tested and saw nothing wrong with the board. Long story short he couldn't fix it. He even speculated the panel itself might be the culprit.
I have the monitor home now...but have made some observations. The distortions only happen when color is displayed. When the pc boots up, before the windows load screen you cannot tell the monitor has tate problem. So i need to know if this is fixable. Is it possible that changing the motherboard of the monitor can fix this problem? Im from Ghana and monitors here are very expensive. More so the ips/ pls types. So this is my only hope at a great screen.

Ps: i dnt know how to attach an image. I want to show exactly what im dealing with here.

You can try getting a replacement board for it...

Before that, have you tried different drivers for your video card or tried the monitor with a different videocard to make sure it isn't the GPU on the system?

Yeah i have, with three different pcs actually.

Thank you for the suggestion

Back