• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HELP!! wont boot into windows tried everything

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

After windows automatically downloaded and installed some updated last nite it was slow to boot into windows this morning. i turned it off and when i turned it back on a couple hours later the "starting windows" thing came up and stayed like that.

tried turning off and starting "launch repair (recommended)" but this said loading windows files at the bottom of the screen then nothing black screen

tried recovery disk same thing, tried back up and system image disks same thing

so i tried the original windows install disk but after i enter my country, language and keyboard layout it says starting or preparing install with the loading circle but stays like this and nothing else happens

im on windows 7 64 bit
also it wont boot in safe mode and using last good configuration option got message "boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible" "status 0xc000000f"

i have an ssd could this be faulty?

Last edited:
It is possible the drive could be faulty, you may also make sure the SATA cable is tight, or even try replacing it if this system is moved around a lot. Another thing to try is set your system to factory defaults in the bios to make sure your over clock isn't having any kind of effect on this.

thanks for the reply

i just got off the phone with currys pcworld were i bought it from. they think as it wont load from the windows disk that it is faulty/ failed so they will replace it

problem is i havent been able to delete all my data off itso will have to trust they dispose of it properly

i have reset the bios ready for the new sdd to make sure o/c dosen't cause any probs

You could try booting to a Linux live cd and writing zeros to the disk if you are concerned with data theft.

downloading Parted Magic 2013_01_29

it says its for cd but i only have usb stick will it make any difference?

I believe you can find guides on how to write an iso to USB jump drive and make it bootable.

You don't have an optical drive in the system this drive is in?

the system with the faulty ssd does have a disk drive but im using a notebook at the moment which doesn't have one

Back