• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onebyside

I may have to return my Leadtek Ti 4600 for warranty.
Question is: what voids the warranty?

I removed the heatsink
applied AS(I can clean and re-apply the white crap that was on it )

*the 2 plastic plugs(w/springs) that retain the hs to the board look like they have been removed

if u guys tell me that removing the heatsink doesn't void the warranty I believe I won't have a problem.

card was purchased locally March/02

do I have any hope?

ty

In my case it didnt matter with my Geforce 2Ti. The missing resisitors didn't matter either. The store just gave me a new one. My push pins looked really bad too. Might want to wait for some more feedback before trying to RMA it.

i believe that will void your warranty try to fix the problem, i think if you just hand over the card casually to them they won't even bother looking, since ya know "what you have done" you are getting a lil consious (spelling?)

I managed to pull that off with Leadtek along time ago. Because indeed my GPU on my first Gforce4 actually fried, and I was not overclocking it at the time. So I did remove the HSF and fan and saw how badly the thermal grease was applied by the company and how physically warped the HSF unit was. My white tabs that held the HSF were all knarled from me removing it. So I reapplied the white goop, stuck the HSF unit back on and RMA'ed it.

Leadtek just gave me a new card instead, with all the software cables etc.

In my opinion, I think you can still RMA it. But if there is a sticker strapped down to the video card PCB to the HSF unit, preventing removal, then I would say "YES, don't void your warranty".

Back