• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barret

i want to set up a wireless network for my highspeed internet access....but...i need a seperate card for my pc....can anyone tell me what it is? :eek: i have no idea....it took me so long to figure out which parts i needed for a sweet comp....now i realize i need a new card.....but i don't know what kind....some one? anyone?

Ok, so you're gonna hook up to wireless. Do you have any of the equipment yet? Do you already have a wireless router? If so, we need to know which one you have. It can make a difference as to which card you want.

If you have none of it yet, I like my D-Link DI-614+ router. You could then get a D-Link '+' enable 802.11g PCI card for your comp.

yes, you need a wifi card. the next decision is the speed, and if you need a gateway/router, and what means of punishment you will devise for when(trust me, not an if) windows refuses to set up the network.

my specs

Tower- Chenbro Orange w/Black Mid-Tower ATX Case, Model PC61166 ORANGE...
Motherboard- Abit IC7 Max 3
Cooling system- Included in tower
Video Card- SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP

Power Supply- Antec 480W Power Supply with Blue LED Fan, Model "TRUE480BLUE"
CPU- Intel Pentium 4/ 2.8C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Hyper Threading Technology

Hard Drive- western Digital 120GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD1200JD, OEM Drive Only

RAM- pc3500 xms corsair memory 2x512 sticks
CD Drive(s)- CD-RW 52x32x52 (BLACK!) , CD-DVD 16x (BLACK!) TOTAL FOR CD-DRIVES

Monitor- G71f+B
SPEAKERS!- Logitech Z640 5.1 Speakers
SOUND CARD- Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS PCI Sound Card

i have not ordered anything yet....so if i have something wrong.... it can still be rectified..:)

Back