• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apriliamgt

Ok im not sure what ive done.

Ive had problems booting for awhile but now after playing around with a few bios settings nothing is now happening.

I was playing with CPU set-up in the bios. Ive attempted to reset the cmos/bios by removing the batt and the jumper settings.

Everything comes on as it would normally but nothing appears on screen ( no signal)

so now my computer is laying there doing nothing.

my motherboard is Asus M4A88TD-V EVO.

any input would be great.

Ive also removed the video card and used onboard and nothing is happening there either. used HDMI/DVI and D-sub and nothing
memory test is ok aswell

Ive also used the spare graphics card and that does not work. Ive removed each memory stick one by one and nothing happens.

any ideas people? Ive read somewhere if i take out the 4pin power connector that powers the cpu , and if the system boots(fans starts spinng) its poss that my VRM on the board is knackered?

Also both graphics card fans go straight upto 100% on start-up and stay there. This has been an ongoing problem but normally sorts itself out after i shut the system and restart again

rest of my specs

M4A88TD-V EVO motherboard
AMD x4 955
4gb XMS3 DDR3
EVGA GTX460 EE 1gb
Corsair 650tx PSU

The systems been running for about 6months now

No display on the board. Nor do i have a system speaker to get any beep codes. One is on order mind u.

If you remove the jumper of the board (to reset the bios settings) Back it where it from after resetting the bios.

The BIOS on the board have a 3 pins when you jumped the jumper with the two pins means it will reset the bios and then remove again and back it where it from.

If still nothing happens. remove the memory and back it again. (Maybe it cause a static).

Hope it helps..

Because the system won post and nothings appearing on screen after. To set setting to default

As said before i was having problems as my graphics cards fan would go straight to 100% and would take me a few power on and offs to get it working. But once past that. It would work fine for hours and hours. Cant do nothing now

Cant do nothing now

As you said in your original post, you can still enter the BIOS and change settings there, it's just after you leave the BIOS and continue to boot, you just get a black screen?

So your computer is powering on - so I don't think it's your PSU.
You've tried several video cards and cables so it's not the video card or cables.
You can see the bios, so the monitor isn't dead.
You've tried several sticks of memory, so it's likely not your memory.

The only two culprits left are either the CPU or the motherboard. I would suspect the motherboard and try to RMA it if it's under warranty... If it was the CPU, the motherboard should complain about the CPU, instead of just going to a blank screen.

Also, when you look on the motherboard, do you see any busted/leaking capacitors?
Not sure how familiar you are with electrical components; the following is not meant to be insulting.
A capacitor looks like this -
http://www.kpcomponents.ca/images/450V-Capacitor.jpg
A busted/leaking capacitor looks like this -
http://www.firestorm.cx/images/abit-be6-ii-busted-capacitors.jpeg

It will bulge at the top, possibly with rusty residue present near the bulge.

No no. I changed a setting in the bios and after a restart nothing would appear. Hence why i tried resetting the bios with no luck

Maybe you need to bring your MOBO to near service center to test it and if it is under warranty you can request of replacement.

Last edited:
Cant see any capacitors.

Got my system speaker and there is no beeps from speaker... Im blank now.

Since you do n0t say what you changed in bios to bring on the problem, we can only guess what is wrong now that a CmOs clear will not return the board to default settings.

Two things come to mind.

1. Whatever you changed was too great a change and ruined something on the motherboard. No idea what it is but likely the board is no good anymore.

2. What you changed was so 'strange' to the boards settings that it tried to boot but corrupted the bios information in the bios chip and resetting CmOs cannot overcome the corrupt bios information and so the board can no longer boot with the bad bios information.

Are there any post LED's on the mobo? if so what are they doing?
Also if your psu has the switch on if for 115/220v flip it to 220 and back to 115.
one of my rigs wouldnt do any thing one time after changing cpu and fliping that psu switch fixed things.

Back