• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey all...i was jus wondering about what you think about my rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't fairly rate it. I need to see more rigs before I can give a fair rating. But hey, everyone else is saying 8ish...

okies...hey wat cooler would you guys reccomend for my cpu and this video card? coz my current hsf if a bit tooo loud...i want sumfin a bit quieter..

I would reccomend a zalman 7000A-CU, or whatever it is. The full copper version of the zalman 7000. It'll be quiet even on high settings. And A VGA silencer for the 9800.

Might ewant to check out the new VGA silencers with teh copper base, they should perform well at a low noise level, and the fna can be upgraded for better performance.

Last edited:
i just had a look at the zalaman 7000-cu compatibility list...http://www.zalman.co.kr/product/cooler/7000(AB)_462MBlist_eng.htm and my motherboard is the only one listed in the asus range as not compatible :bang head ....any other suggestions?

I suggest the OCZ Gladiator 3. This is a very nice HSF because of the fact you choose which type of the HSF you want (Tri-Led, Medium Speed, or Quiet). This gives some freedom of choice (not as good as adjustable fans in HSF packages) but it is definitely worth it's buck, at only $15 - $20. Also the benefit of this product is the ease of it to install, anybody on these forums could install one.

Hope that was helpful.

I doubt the low-noise option of this HSF would compare to the Volcano, yet it should keep the temperature down (may be prone under stress.) If you opt for the medium option, you might be able to get a tiny bit lower quality, but a little quieter, so it is up to you. (PS: It's hard to see from your point of view, when I myself have two 92mm Tornado's blowing around my case... :p )

well the noise is not really a thing but i want to get a new hsf as someone mentioned earlier in the thread to get a better hsf..so what would you reccomend keepin the cooling factor in mind

If noise isn't that much of a problem, I have this suggestion for you.

Hop along and buy an Aeroblower from Coolermaster, and then get a Thermalright SP-97 Heatsink, a very nice combination.

Or you can buy a TR2-M3, which supports AMD CPU's up to 3400+, so it will hand your 2500+ with ease. Results:

TR2-M3 Results
Idle (30 mins): 36c
Load: UT 2003 (1-Hour): 42c
Toast (5 mins): 44c

Pros and Cons
+ 3-prong clip
+ Relatively quiet
+ Cools well
+ Thermaltake designed
+ Construction and base
- Sounds louder than stated 21dBA’s
- Base can be better; little bit rough

The TR2-M3 is good for people on a budget, or people who arn't gonna do very much "extreme" overclocking.

Hope this helped.

yap sure did...but i dont think i can get just the aero-blower here so how would the the coolermaster aero 7+ (the fan plus one of their heatsinks)or one of those ones..and i could get the heatsink as soon as i can get it?

Last edited:
Yeah Nishant, the set-up I offered you would be a little more effective than the Aero 7+, but that is still a very nice HSF.

i just bought me the aero 7+ and should get it next week or so...oh and the new heatsinks that are coming out like the zalman and these thermalrights need four mounting holes around the cpu sockect and my motherboard doesnt have that :bang head....so for now i am getting me the aero 7+ and i want to build me a amd 64bit system towards december so i might opt for the thermalright heatsink and i might bundle it with the aero 7 fan. but for now...any suggestions on how the aero 7+ comes up against my volcano 9?

Its been a while since ive posted.

I little upgrade i guess.
Since my socket A setup I got myself the following and ran it for a wee while
Asus A8N-SLi Premium Mobo
Opteron 146 @ 2.92GHz
Thermalright SI-128 Cooler (24º Idle & 45º Load)
4 x 512 ddr400 sticks (A-Data & Kingmax)
Galaxy 6800GS Card - 500core and 600ddr3

then i got a opteron 165 (@ 2.7ghz) and replaced the 146 and got a DFI Lanparty board to replace the asus.

Now after a while yet again, ive upgraded to get with the times. Any comments on my current setup.

DFI Lanparty JR P45 TRS
Intel E8400 @ 3.6ghz on stock cooler (E0 stepping)
Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000 4gb kit
Asus HD4850 512mb version - 695/1010
OCZone Modxtreme 600w psu
WD Raptor 36gb - OS drive
WD Cavier 320gb - storage
Samsung 32" HD LCD

Have on order is a Thermalright True 120 extreme kit and another 4gb of ram.
Hope to get up to around the 4.3 - 4.4ghz mark with the true.

Not bad for a noobie setup i think :)

Last edited:
ok update time

Got the true on it with a 120mm fan on it.

Had a play with it and is now running at 4.317ghz @ 1.31v. Idle temps are around 39 degrees and full load with orthos crunching away after a couple of hours is around 64 degrees. (its a touch high as its in my bedroom and with the heaters going the ambient temp in the room gets up to around 28ish degrees)

3dmark01 - 53733
3dmark06 - 13402
Super Pi mod - 1mb - 10.92secs

Oh heres a screenie
ocscreenie.jpg

Back