• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey, how do you unlock VDDC on the XFX 9770?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If the block is built for reference cards, it will only fit reference cards.
It might fit the gigabyte 7970OC, as it's 99% reference.

If the block is built for reference cards, it will only fit reference cards.
It might fit the gigabyte 7970OC, as it's 99% reference.
EK has 2 waterblocks (copper and nickle plated + Acetal) for the ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5, but since I don't know if the PCB on the "TOP" version is the same, I just don't know if either will work.

Here's a link to EK's waterblocks for the DC2.

There is a photo of the PCB this waterblock was designed for on the link above. Let me look over at Hokie's review, I think he had photos of the PCB there. Maybe I can see if the're the same or not.

-Rodger

Last edited:
Here the 2 photos, what do you guys think? Top photo is the "TOP" version and the bottom is the version EK's waterblock was made for.

-Rodger

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 58
OK, got the ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5 in Wednesday. Got it in and turned on but that's just about all I had time to do. Typing this in our motel room here in Jackson (Hole), WY. We are going to Yellowstone National Park tomorrow through Sunday. Never stayed in the Park, just passed though couple of times, so we'll be staying in Yellowstone Lodge (the original lodge). Going to be nice as I always wanted to go there since I was a kid in the '50's. Never did, so it will feel kinda like checking one of my "bucket list"'s off.

I'll do some testing when I get back and will be driving 3-23" monitors in Eyefinity. I forgot to order the active displayport adapters, so did that just before I left Colorado. Should be there when I get back.

Hoping for the best... Here and there when I get back.

-Rodger

Back