• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey noobs, new speaker parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey speaking of enclosures. I was at wal mart today and I noticed they had flat pack enclosures for 6x9's and subs. I dunno how the quality was but it looked to be 5/8" or thicker MDF. Esentially you would get all the peices with carpet on them. All you have to do screw/glue the boards together. All the cutting is already done which makes life a lot easier if you dont have a table saw and want really precise cuts. The flat packs were $13 for the 6x9's and $20 something for the subwoofer enclosures. I bet you could add some simple dowel rod bracing and have a pretty sturdy box when all is said and done.

I guess my main concern is the sound quality of the 6x9's but hey some of them I've heard are decent so it might be a good little project :shrug: .

Ryan

TJ

how big were the boxes/wood pieces..

we only have a circular saw..soo

TJ?

If your talking about the 6x9 boxes at wal mart they were your generic sized boxes. I dont have exact measurements but once assembled they come out to be about this size.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=260-600
From the looks of the pictures on the side fo teh boxes the peices were joined together by carpet. So you would layout the whole enclosure. Then put some glue on the ends and kinda just fold the enclosure up and put some screws in to hold it together. Its kinda hard to explain :).

Ryan

heres the completed pic, i got a pic of the WHOLE thing all hooked up tho.. no close ups for now.

enjoy! and these things sound better then the HT speakers i built awhile ago. they are clearer. $60 cheaper and they sound better and they use a smaller box, i think i might just stick with coaxials from now on.

Attachments

• totalsystem.JPG
    totalsystem.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 56
i guess u all really are noobs... lol i post a pic and some results and nobody replies even tho u guys asked for the pic and results :(.. lol noobs

im gonna make new enclosure eventually, flush mounted. then ill paint them. i think im gonna go all black for the enclosures. ill prolly paint my sub and those HT speakers black too.

also i got them hooked up along with my HT speakers and they blend in really well, i was suprised i figured it'd sound weird with both of them hooked up as fronts but it sounds pretty good.

also I think im gonna go with RYans idea that he posted and get 3 more pairs of those coaxials and make 2 towers with all of them in the towers. 106DB/1watt would be crazy. that reciever only pushes out 35watts a channel sadly so i dont have a lot of power to work with.

Back