• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey ras, post it here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jdmcnudgent said:
cool.:cool: kingmax had its day, but i think that its gone. i think this consair is the best stick of ddr i have ever owned. and im glad i listened to ras and mica and went with the 3000, instead of the 3200. dont get the 3200, the 3000 is at cas2 stock and is alot better than the 3200.:D

Yeah, it seemed really weird to sell my 512 stick of xms 3200 in favor of keeping my 256 stick of xms 3000, but that's what i did because the 3000 was THAT much better!:D

the XMS3200 REV 2.1 is suposed to be great... People have it running at 215/DDR430 at 2.5-3-3... You can just take your chances with the standard XMS like I did (aparently thats all that newegg is shipping right now) or you can buy the Platinum stuff which they only started producing with rev 2.1.

here's a few links...

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104336
http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?threadid=7074
http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7062

Brian

Rasputin'sLiver said:

I think you gotta be lucky to get the darn wire to stay on while you're putting it in the socket. The first time I did it it fell off. Its probably still in the case somewhere lol! The second time I held the wire tightly with one finger against the side of the chip and was determined to not let go of it until the chip was safely in place. Then luck came into play. JD, at first I thought it didn't work but it did. The bios doesn't look any different, you can't tell from that. The truth lies in the voltages showing when you load a diagnostic program to read your voltages in windows. Watch out for that because it fooled me at first. I thought it failed but it worked!!!!!:eek:
when i do the mod, i clear the cmos first and when i boot, go to the pc health status to see what my voltages are. when i did it the last time, it was between 1.42 and 1.44, so i knew that it didnt stick.:( it was also wrapped super tight, so there was no chance of it falling off.:D

Rasputin'sLiver said:

I think you gotta be lucky to get the darn wire to stay on while you're putting it in the socket. The first time I did it it fell off. Its probably still in the case somewhere lol! The second time I held the wire tightly with one finger against the side of the chip and was determined to not let go of it until the chip was safely in place. Then luck came into play. JD, at first I thought it didn't work but it did. The bios doesn't look any different, you can't tell from that. The truth lies in the voltages showing when you load a diagnostic program to read your voltages in windows. Watch out for that because it fooled me at first. I thought it failed but it worked!!!!!:eek:

my bios changed right away for me. I think it whent to 1.85 for defalt....not 1.5v .

anyway, my bios shows the correct voltage settings.

mica

micamica1217 said:

my bios changed right away for me. I think it whent to 1.85 for defalt....not 1.5v .

anyway, my bios shows the correct voltage settings.

mica

the bd7ii bios is different from your th7ii, mica. it doesnt list voltage amounts, but rather says "default", "+5", "+10" and "+15", so you really don't know if it worked until you see the actual voltage readings.

Rasputin'sLiver said:

the bd7ii bios is different from your th7ii, mica. it doesnt list voltage amounts, but rather says "default", "+5", "+10" and "+15", so you really don't know if it worked until you see the actual voltage readings.

I see now.

mica

jesus do you guys spend every living moment on these forums???!!! i don't have time to read half of the stuff you guys wrote!!! Ya i heaerd abuot taht stupid bd7ii garbage! That's why i got the p4b533v :D:cool:

pacino said:
Do you guys think that "CMX512-3000C2" would be as overclockable as the 256 module? .. if yes, the hell with 256, I'll just get 512 for mo' memo hehe

Should be but my 512 stick was 3200 and didn't oc well:(

jdmcnudgent said:
when i do the mod, i clear the cmos first and when i boot, go to the pc health status to see what my voltages are. when i did it the last time, it was between 1.42 and 1.44, so i knew that it didnt stick.:( it was also wrapped super tight, so there was no chance of it falling off.:D

Ouch! What kind of wire are you using? I used a very thin copper wire from a phone wire that didn't work. Then I switched to silver colored (probably nickel?) stereo wire that worked.

Oh well. The defogger method is probably the better way to go anyway.:D

Rasputin'sLiver said:

Ouch! What kind of wire are you using? I used a very thin copper wire from a phone wire that didn't work. Then I switched to silver colored (probably nickel?) stereo wire that worked.

Oh well. The defogger method is probably the better way to go anyway.:D
well, got defogger kit today, and it finally worked.:D i taped off the socket and painted on 1.85.:D well, i think that this chip has reached its max.:( i will test more and see.:D

jdmcnudgent said:
well, got defogger kit today, and it finally worked.:D i taped off the socket and painted on 1.85.:D well, i think that this chip has reached its max.:( i will test more and see.:D

Hey, jd. That isn't bad at all for a 1.6a:D

That's a 1ghz overclock! How are the benchies? sandra mem bandwidth must be huge!:D

Back