• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

* HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home *

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New Version: 0.9.0 - Revision 548 - Download

A little over a year in the making... I proud to annouce a major update to HFM.NET! The premier feature of this update is the addition of Folding@Home v7 Client support. This includes v7 support for HFM's Benchmarking, Work Unit History, and Web Generation features. You can't find similar features anywhere else with any other monitoring software, including FAHControl. In addition to v7 support, HFM still has all the same v6 support you've enjoyed over the last few years. It's the best of both worlds! Making this happen was quite an undertaking and required a partial rewrite of HFM. So while things look generally the same on the surface it's very much a new day for HFM.

Please note that your user preferences will be reset by this new version. This is a one time issue and your preferences will persist with future upgrades.

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a feature request? Please join the discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net

OMG, FINALLY!

:ty:

I have worked on similar sized apps before (was a nightmarish mix of many versions of VB built over much time that I had to make work :s ) and can Really appreciate the amount of effort you must have put into this !

Is nice to be part of a Team so active, so Cheers from me too :D

1 thing I have noticed with 0.9.0.548, HFM does not like to be minimzed. I'll get a screen shot and post it.

New Version: 0.9.1 - Revision 595 - Download

Hello Team 32. Your friendly neighborhood HFM guy here. Here's the good news and a couple important items.

• HFM now requires the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile on Windows or Mono 2.8+ (2.10 recommended) on Linux.
  • A 32-bit only package is now being offered. This build has "x86" in the file name. The only difference in this build vs. the existing distribution, now with "Any CPU" in the file name, is that the "x86" build will run as a 32-bit process on a 64-bit OS. The builds are mutually exclusive and cannot be installed side-by-side with windows installer. If you have a 32-bit OS then either the "Any CPU" or "x86" build will offer the same experience.
  • There was a rather large, pun intended, memory issue with v0.9.0.548. This largely pertained to how I was handling the log file coming from the v7 client (growing pains with v7). I'm happy to report that the memory consumption is much, much improved in this version. I certainly hope this gets all you guys experienced any memory related issue back in action, especially those who contacted me and help me. The move to .NET 4.0 was largely prompted by this issue as that move in and of itself made a positive impact on the situation.

Otherwise... not a lot has changed. This is a well overdue bug fix release for v0.9.0. I hope to bring some goodies with the next release. Primarily an overhaul of the WU History Database. This should include some extra data added as well as much enhanced querying (wildcards, ANDs, ORs, etc).

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and further details on the changes.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a feature request? Please join the discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net

Here is the screen shot, sorry for being late :)

HFM-error.jpg

Here is the error code from the clipboard

HFM.NET v0.9.0.548

Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Exception Thrown:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Error creating window handle.
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.RecreateHandleCore()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.RecreateHandleCore()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_ShowInTaskbar(Boolean value)
at HFM.Forms.MainForm.HFM.Forms.IMainView.set_ShowInTaskbar(Boolean )
at HFM.Forms.MainPresenter.SetViewShowStyle()
at HFM.Forms.MainPresenter.ViewResize()
at HFM.Forms.MainForm.MainFormResize(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Here is the screen shot, sorry for being late :)

No problem Whitehawk. Ok, you're on XP SP3... can you reproduce this on another machine? Is it consistent on this machine? Can you give me the exact steps you are using to generate the error?

Once I get some more info I'll enter this as a bug but I want to be sure I can reproduce it first.

Thanks for the updates, always good to see things moving forward - is very encouraging :)

Thanks Humanoid! I certainly appreciate your previous comment as well.

I get this by clicking on the minimze box in the upper right corner of the window, it happens every time I click it.

min.jpg

I'll see if this happens on another PC, and yes it is consistent on this PC.
Oh, Win XP Home SP3
AV8 MB, Athlon 64 3000+ CPU
4gig ram

No problem Whitehawk. Ok, you're on XP SP3... can you reproduce this on another machine? Is it consistent on this machine? Can you give me the exact steps you are using to generate the error?

Once I get some more info I'll enter this as a bug but I want to be sure I can reproduce it first.

Last edited:
Thanks for the continued work and updates Harlam! :)

Question about the Mono download. Should it be 1.8+ instead of 2.8+? The download page only goes up to 2.1 so I was confused.

That's 2.10 not 2.1, so you're good. Although if you're running it in linux you should use your package manager to install mono.

The log viewer is missing.

I just upgraded my Windows SMP client to Folding v7. I followed that up with updating HFM.net to v0.91. It's working just fine both for the local and the remote Linux clients, except that the log viewer is not present - just a grey window pane is there. What am I missing?

Oh, sorry, I actually composed a reply, that I had solved the issue, but forgot to post it. I had missed the "Show/Hide/Log Queue Viewer" in the View tab.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I am running fah in OSX(10.8.2). I don't see in Library/Application support any fah files.(Files are Unhidden)

Where can I find the work files...and if I share them will HFM on Win 7 monitor them?

Thank You

Back