• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temps with WW block... Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice.... one case mod coming right up...:D

ok.. about the heatercore then... should I put the fan on the outside to blow into the case though the heatercore or should it go at the inside drawing through it?

I vote for inside the case pulling thru the core. Before you start cutting your case you may want to try the switch of your fan directions as was suggested by one ot the posts above. Have the 120mm on the core pull cool air into the case thru the core and use the 80mm's in the rear to exhaust out the back.

I'll try that out before I cut the case....;)
will probably cut some anyway as it practically stops the flow as it is... cant get worse...lol

thanx all of u for all your help so far....this is what I call suport..:D

Also if none of the above helps you could try lapping the block; seems there might have been a batch or two which weren't flat!

Just for comparison mine is the same block, same radiator and shroud, similar fan (some papst 120mm at 7v pulling air through) but with eheim 1250 and a DD old model GPU block in series (probably impacting flow); it is mounted in an external box and I get idle temps of 28-31C and load peaks at 39C, average 37/38C this is for a P4 3Ghz @ 150fsb (3.46Ghz) stock voltage. If you can get it down to around 40 load you're doing good. So long as it's stable I wouldn't worry too much about the temps since the mobo sensor is probably reporting higher and CPUs can operate up to 60C+ (probably higher)

thanx for your help... got a new fan coming in and I'll change the setup order today...:)
I'll let u know how it goes if anyone is interested.....

Drizzit said:
thanx for your help... got a new fan coming in and I'll change the setup order today...:)
I'll let u know how it goes if anyone is interested.....

Sure. Always post results, and
pics.gif

ok... I did cut a hole in the front and turned the fans around first off and it made about 6-8c not bad...:D

hopefully I'll get the new fan tomorrow and I'll post results and a couple of new pics as soon as I get em in...

I'll let u know if I do that....:)

waiting for mail to arriwe today to see if I got my new fan.... so I'll be back later today with results....;)

got the new fan installed right now.... got a few small bubles in the system so not 100% sure on readings atm but I'm at 40-41c full load at 2300(200*11,5 1,75v) compared to about 52c at same settings before the changes.... not bad...:D

new pics will be up at www.drizzit.org/moddedcomp för those interested....;)

and giblet I'll probably cut the front vents like u did tomorrow and I'll post results when I can...

thanx all of u for your help and advice... keep talking if u got questions or tips though.... I'm always interested....

links fixed.... had a little problem with user rights....:/

ya I know.... I'll just cut the end of the fins on th inside...not that stupid...:D

thanx for your help though....

Back