• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home Security Cameras/Set up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

Hoping someone will point me in the right direction. Wasn't sure where to post at on the forums, sry ... Looking for a new configure/setup with few cameras that I can monitor via wifi maybe use an old pc as my dvr if possible. I'm looking to keep an eye on my house & cars, maybe one in my garage. Is there a good site this for this?

Im a total noob towards this kind of tech, been reading and watching videos all day about how good this one or that one is.. the current setup I got it like 15yrs old, the picture it like very grainy and old.. would remind you of the gas station recordings you see in tv shows where you cant really tell who or what is going on.

Are you looking for something free, or are you willing to pay?

If willing to pay, check out ADT pulse (I have a build log in this forum).

We use Arlo Pro cameras for our house. I dreaded thinking about wiring 5 cameras around a 4k sqft house till I found these.
Completely wireless and no monthly fees. You can get live feed on your smart phone and they integrate with most smart home hubs.
My only complaint is that the video quality isnt the greatest. maybe 480p or so.

Back