• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Honest reply, is it worth keeping ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not one of the heavy hitters here,
If it were mine and not leaking, straighten some fins and run it.
Purchasing used, could be a bargaining chip.
New and fresh out of the box, not happy.

Are you looking for opinions on the damage and how it were to affect heat load?

I usually use a small thin plier and straighten mine out. Yes, make sure it doesn't leak first and foremost.

I agree with the rest of the guys here. If it doesn't leak, just straighten the fins out and reuse. I've seen worse for realz.

Found it funny/interesting to be fair, thought most of you would say junk it :)

Well, from the single picture we have, its really tough to say. I would examine it thoroughly to make sure it isn't rusting in the water paths, but, if its just some bent fins, bend em back! :)

Says price is 60 Quid. That's roughly $85 USD. I'm not paying $85 for that even if it was good looking. :p

If its dyed up inside, I'd junk it and save up for a new one and for that asking price, I sure as hell wouldn't buy it as there are many brand new rads seeking a nice home to go to. ;)

For about $25us it would be worth it. At the posted price I wouldn't even think about it. A new one costs about that.

from what i understand of the UK pricing (buddy of mine used to get the british PC gamer magazines), they pay the same price in pounds as we do over here in dollars.

This thread has probably been discussed already but the radiator is perfectly fine. If the guy has to ask if bent finns is a bad thing, then he's never owned watercooling and/or doesn't understand how radiators work. You don't even have to be a computer guy to understand radiators; they're in almost every car ever and homes and buildings.

Bend the thing back, bam done.

Oh wow, its come down that much? Was at like $1.5USD last time I looked. When I last went there to see family, it cost us $2.50 cad to buy a pound.

Edit... Wait, the pound is still $1.50... And yet prices will be almost identical, except in pounds, not dollars. Yay for uber high VAT

Back