• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How are pentium dual core and core 2 duo in games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M33Cat

I'm wondering for my backup rig, if I can get a good deal on a core 2 quad I'll get it, but chances are I'll get a cheap 2 core chip.

How do early dual cores do in games? A pII x4 955 is ~3200 on passmark rating, and there's lots of 2core 'pentium dual core and core 2 duo' in the 1000-2000 range.

So how do they do in games that use 2cores, like most still do.

I still game just fine in the games I play (css and Bad Company 2 ) @ 1080p with my e8400 I could use a gfx update but still am able to play with this setup .

it depends what games you play most games dont even utilize more than 2 cores anyhow

what games do you play?

I would install mostly some older games that I never played/finished. I assume BF3 and starcraft II would suffer, for an online shooter I would play BFBC2, I could tell the difference in BFBC2 on my x4 955 with 3 cores vs 4 cores

How would skyrim or DeusEx;HR run I wonder

Back