• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How bad will this bottleneck be? i7 2600 + GTX1080Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

I'm planning on buying a 1440p 144Hz monitor soon for gaming, and a GTX1080Ti.

In the next 6 months or so I plan on replacing the CPU, motherboard, and RAM with something modern such as Ryzen or Coffee Lake when it comes out.

My question is, how much of a bottleneck will the 2600 be with a 1080Ti? Enough to not make it even worth attempting? Note it's not a K series CPU so no overclocking.

I would say not at all really. I had my 1080ti in a 3570k system @4GHZ and it didn't feel like it was bottlenecked at all. Even when I upgraded to my current system, a 6600k @ 4.6ghz the boost in performance at 4k was maybe 4fps on the average (upgraded cause I could lol).

Even not oced the Sandy bridge i7 is a great processer. And going from the 780 in your signature to the 1080ti is a HUGE boost, I went from a r9 390 which was not much faster than the 780 to my 1080ti and in game I went from being able to do 1440p in fallout 4 max settings with mods to 4k max settings with mods 60fps no problem.

If you want I can run some tests for you, I still have the i5 3550k system with the 780 in it.

Back