• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How did you learn about overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was getting difficult framerates in video games, and I didn't have any money to upgrade. I heard something about overclocking, so I Googled it.
I found this website. I lurked for a bit. Then I joined. :)

Wow I feel old but I'm not. I started on Comodore 64 / 386 / 486 / K6 series
The computer shops that I exchanged information with shared a couple secrets with me and I quickly figured the rest out!

My first PC was a Sinclair Zx Spectrum when I lived in Europe in the early 80's, then ended up getting an IBM 386 SX after we moved to the States, now that was the bomb! ....with 32 megs of RAM! Man I miss the Atari 2600 days...:p I learned about this forum and about OCing in general from people who used to own my butt playing FPS games online. I found that most of the "better" players had OC'd PCs.

I learned how to overclock by acident, well maybe not.

I wanted to build a rig, and didn't have cash so I used parts we had laying around to build a cyrix 233 and you know those things run the same at 266 vs 233 so 266 was where that sat.

then my dads friend gave me one of the best slot 1 mobos out there and that p3 800@992 was it got a mobile barton after that to garuntee that I would be forever hooked on overclocking.

Back