• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I know if my peltier is workin' ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pacino

The devil’s advocate
Ok, this might sound dmup, but honestly how would I know? Just got the swifty MCW50-T 80w pelt/water GPU cooler. Now, can I test this out without the water kit? I mean, can I just plug this into my PSU and test it? .. Thanks :)

Yep, you should hold it while you turn it on, as soon as you feel the temperature change you'll know it's working (Don't worry about burning your fingers, or have them frozen as the TEC won't get freezing cold/red hot instantly).

You could always just hook it up and see if your cpu fries;) j/k

I hook it up and then place it in between two old heatsinks to determine hot/cold sides, and I would be careful about holding one, and if you do, then just turn on your psu for two seconds and turn off.

pacino said:
Ok, this might sound dmup, but honestly how would I know? Just got the swifty MCW50-T 80w pelt/water GPU cooler. Now, can I test this out without the water kit? I mean, can I just plug this into my PSU and test it? .. Thanks :)
Yur 50T's base will get cool and the upper block side will get warm. It won't stay like that for long though. As soon as the upper block side can't provide anymore cooling(due to no water) the base side will get warm and turn hot soon. Like said by others, don't leave it running like that for longer than a single digit seconds.

Back