• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i use thousands of fonts in a separate folder?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

ok guys...i have something like 2,000 fonts...(i do photoshop, video apps, etc..) u never know when a certain font will be perfect for what your using..its only about 100megs...

Anyways....when i have all these fonts in C:\windows\Fonts, the comp takes a good 5 minutes to boot...but w.o, it boots SUPER FAST.

I know on mac, u place the extra fonts in MyBriefcase (?) or whatever it is (cant remember right now) and u still have access to them all within photoshop/premeire/AEFX....

SO how do i do this in windows? i dont care if word doesnt see them...as long as my multimedia apps see them

[off topic/wrong forum]

any way to link linux to my win fonts folders? so its all share?

[/off topic / wrong forum]

gentlemen i can now answer your question. not the FREE answer i was hoping for..

now..on mac OS9 we had some goofy breifcase folder like in win98, that was linked to adobe and bla bla bla

but now i use this:

http://www.extensis.com/en/support/product_support.jsp?id=300005&x=26&y=8

win version is alittle outdated compared to the one i run (OSX, the X1 version) however, its the same on both. You can simply turn fonts on and off, then load your app, use the prog, then close it, turn off fonts, and your done

howevver ive expereinced some issues with it screwing with system fonts andmessing up HTML text (like for email) on both platforms..so..

so theres kind of an answer..only took me over a year anda half to get it

Back