• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How expensive is it to ship a case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealAlex

I'm just wondering what would be the best way to ship my CM centurion 5 which weights about 25 lbs. Never really shipped anything before, fedex gave me a quote of $22? Anyone have experience with shipping cases?

I'm just wondering what would be the best way to ship my CM centurion 5 which weights about 25 lbs. Never really shipped anything before, fedex gave me a quote of $22? Anyone have experience with shipping cases?
I have been told that the size of the package affects the price more than the weight. That actually sounds about right, maybe a little high.

Does parts come off it?

You could take it apart if the person who's getting it can put it together.

Come on though 22$ isn't THAT much.

i have shipped complete computer systems for only slightly more than that with insurance.
try UPS or USPS, FedEX is usually a little higher

If the buyer has a rivet gun, you could completely disassemble the entire case and put it in a very flat box, which would be much cheaper to ship ;)

Price sounds right to me. Like others have suggested, I don't think it's the weight of the case that is raising the price but the large size of the box it needs to be shipped in. I'm not sure USPS would be any cheaper. Although, UPS usually is.

i shipped a fully assembled computer cross country to my daughter with ups cost 16 bux.

Back