• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How extensively have you used Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bosco

7/11/2002
Inv #1123073
Order #1196260
$108.00

7/5/2002
Inv #1104074

-$194.00

6/24/2002
Inv #1070860
Order #1146672
$198.00

Page: « Prev 5 6 7 (7)

7 pages of orders since 2002. I worked p/t as a pc tech back in 2002 and configured hardware for customer orders and my next door neighbor built every rig back then. In 2004 he moved to California so my orders slowed down a bit.

Only ONE rma in 10 yrs.....I've had good luck with Newegg and don't understand peoples gripes with this online vendor. I have yet to find better.

I see a lot of people complaining about the Egg lately, not just here but other sites as well.

People need to fully research what they want BEFORE they order, it would save a lot of trouble (imo anyway).

If I need a motherboard (for instance) if I see a lot of RECENT Newegg review comments saying the bios is outdated I won't buy the board until Revision 2 is out. Or I'll search out another board.

They are my go to online retailer but not the only one I use.

I've also used Zip Zoom Fly (no longer around), Amazon, Directron and Mwave.

My brother uses Tiger Direct and is always unhappy, lol. I refuse to shop at that place.

I've shopped with Newegg three times, never had a problem with my orders yet. It is annoying how long it takes them to get common items that are popular back in stock though, I was waiting on them to get mosfet heatsinks back in stock for over six months.

I've had over a dozen orders with TigerDirect, and only had an issue once. The issue was I received a stick of memory that was DOA and for some reason they wouldn't let me exchange it for a working stick even though I called to report the issue in under a week of ordering and receiving my order, and was forced to instead take a refund. Which was weird, because just a few months prior I had run into an issue where I purchased the wrong monitor cable and was allowed to exchange it for the correct one (which was of the same value).

~36 orders over 4 years, and no problems. I've had to return a set of G.SKill DDR2-1066 because of DoA, and RMA went smoothly.

With any company, there's always going to be good and bad experiences. So, just because the majority of people have good experiences, that doesn't mean there are no bad experiences.

newegg.jpg

Last edited:
I know RMA's can happen but Newegg handled my one incident with complete class, they had FEDEX (yeah, it happened yrs ago) at my front door the next day to take it away. They emailed me a shipping label prior + I printed it out. They RUSH shipped my replacement at no cost to me.

Page: « Prev 13 14 15 (15)

15 PAGES since 2004 :eek: (approx 135 transactions and 15 RMA's or so). Wow - They'd better love me :p

They were FANTASTIC through my X79 Sabertooth / i7-3820 fiasco where I had to RMA the board twice and the CPU once. Never had anything I would consider as a "negative experience" from Newegg...

I prefer to buy locally. Except for some shell shocker deals on Newegg.ca, my local computer shops are cheap. The local guys will also price match too. I use Newegg a lot for price checking and system building.

Heh, beat you by a page, Randyman... :D

16 pages for me since 2001. Have had several RMAs, no problems that weren't resolved quickly. So far so good for me. But the recent dropoff in covering forums concerns me, as well as their ratings dropoff at Resellerratings.com

Back