• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How fast is your internet service?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
I remember seeing this way back, thought it'd be fun comparing speeds/cost per month;

I was paying $49+$3.99 for modem back then with TWC and it was 50mbps/5mbps, then 50/10 for the same price for years. Then Rectum/Spectrum took over and gave us 100/10 for $60, now it's 200/10 for $75 and a free modem. D/L speeds are nice, but upload speeds are still capped @ 10. I'm hoping at some point they lift the cap and give us at least 50.

Attachments

• netspeed.JPG
    netspeed.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 82
Race Communications residential service. $93/mo. for fiber optic landline and internet. I waited 17 years to get service better than bottom tier 3mb/s.

11531256264.png

$60/mo for 500/50 from WOW.

I need to call to get them to lower the price but been too lazy. Gig service (1000/50) is around $80/mo, had it, but rarely got the speed so I dropped back down. Wish I had access to symmetrical gig id jump in a heartbeat.

AT&T 1Gbit down/1Gbit up, $60/mo. Using Eero Pro for wifi around house.

11533105040.png

I know I'm over paying for this as it is supplied by a cable company, and my historic contract includes TV/phone bundle I don't want but can't get rid and get a saving easily. A new customer only getting internet service of the same package I'm on would pay £50 monthly (about $70).

As I'm looking to move house in the near future I don't want to renegotiate as there will be a new minimum contract length from the change. Other providers suck harder in my area.

1.5Gb up and 950Mb up is $130CAD for me, no data caps.

Below is measure from the ISP Router dashboard
bell test.JPG

Below is measured at my computer. I only have a gigabit connection on this mobo. Typically It will pull down faster than steam will upload so it doesn't benefit me much.
11534751637.png

Spectrum in Upstate throttles us hard. I pay almost a hundred bucks for this.
Only other choice for us is Frontier DSL.
Nice F'ing monopoly going on here.
TWC used to be the devil, now Spectrum is.

11535059853.png

ATT Fiber is a block or so away from me, but not in any of my subdivision. Fastest I can get from ATT is 15mbit for $60/mo lol

Back