• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Hot should My CPU when Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huntinman13

Registered
Hi, I'm running a I-5 3570k at 4.4 Ghz right now with a Cooler Master 212 EVO. It never goes over 70c running Prime 95 and I was wondering if that sounds about right?

That is perfectly fine. The absolute maximum is 105C but you should never get near that. Upper 80s is my limit for prime testing.

One more thing, Completely off topic but do ya'll think my 630w PSU can handle Crossfire? I'm thinking about buying another 7850.

What 630W PSU is it? If its a high quality unit Id say probably, if its an average quality unit Id say possibly but proceed with caution.

Edit I see PSU in the sig now. Im not sure Id trust a roswell PSU to hold that load. If it were a seasonic, enermax, or a handful of other tried and true units I would say absolutely. Roswell units rarely get reviewed by the big dog PSU reviewers theres probably a reason for that.

Back