• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many case fans do you run?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many case fans do you run?

• None - I'm too cool for that!

Votes: 46 3.1%

Votes: 73 4.8%

Votes: 191 12.7%

Votes: 177 11.7%

Votes: 266 17.7%

Votes: 250 16.6%

Votes: 132 8.8%

Votes: 123 8.2%

Votes: 69 4.6%
  • 9+

Votes: 180 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShadowPho said:
Full tower, no CASE fans, 1 cpu, 1 northbridge, 1 VPU

You water cool that thing I hope?

Just to recap, I have a server tower with 4 case fans, 1 CPU fan, one chipset cooler, 1 on video card, 1 in power supply too. I think that is all.

My second rig that runs folding too, has no case at all. It has 1 CPU cooler, one in the power supply and one that just blows air across it. I have a big 486 cooler on the chipset. No need for a fan there. It's pretty big and runs cool too, better than the one that had a fan even.

All those run Gentoo Linux and have no windoze at all. This is a virus free, windoze free home. If you bring windoze here, you get thrown out, on your butt I might add. Is that one t or two t's in butt? hmmmm??

Later

:D :D :D :D

Im not sure if i already posted my setup but here it is:

-One 80mm sunbeam CCFL fan on sidepanel blowing on vid card
-one coolermaster blue LED fan silent 40 CFM blowing on SI-97
-One Panaflo 92mm Highspeed blowing on SI-97
-one Antec tricool 120mm as exhaust
-Two 80mm fans in Antec Smartpower 500W **Moduler** ( :) )
-Two Sunon fans in front as intake, one just as normal intake, second sucking in air and blowing across hard drive.

Thats all. 8 fans. Not overly loud, youd be surpised and i get sweet temps at my current overclock. :)

If I had answered this thread before yesterday, you might all be wondering why my rig hasn't already burned up. Until yesterday, I had 3 fans in an average size, generic case (1 on CPU, 1 on GPU and 1 on PSU).

I just bought an Antec server tower (Builder series CS600B - Black :cool: ) with space for 4 80mm fans (2 in back, 2 in front...one of which is by the HD)
So now I have those added to the ones mentioned above. Now there are seven and I'm thinking of adding another thing that I saw that looks like it rides just above the GPU over an empty PCI slot.

I've noticed a nice drop in overall temps (even though I think I could still get cooler) since my new 68GT was running as high as 75C on a load.

i have 1 top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust and 1 side intake. seems to work fine for 3.2ghz prescott running all day and loaded about 36c and even lower at times. wo0t

At the moment, I have a total of 9 fans in my case including a new one that I pulled off my wife's rig that she wasn't using anyway. I plan to mod the side and top of the case for additional fans...as many as 4 more (1 on top for exhaust, 3 on the side...2 intake and 1 exhaust). That could change by 1 if I only went with two on the side, but it will prolly be 3. So let's see...that will make 13 fans all counted...PSU/GPU/VGA/CPU/5x80mm case/1x120mm top/3x92mm side (could go 120 on these)...that's a lotta fans! I guess I better get that 550W PSU for the new build!

What can I say? I have a thing for fans.... :rolleyes:

Shouldve updated this long ago lol. With my Dothan CPU i'm now running only 4 fans (two on CPU, one VGA, one PSU) all on 7v, barely audible with temps <45 celcius.

Well people, this poll's about 2 years old now. I'm betting a large percentage of people who've already voted have changed their fan count more than once. Anyone else think it should be retired in favor of a new one?

eobard said:
Well people, this poll's about 2 years old now. I'm betting a large percentage of people who've already voted have changed their fan count more than once. Anyone else think it should be retired in favor of a new one?

New one. With multiple options like:

fan number:

- None
- 2 - 4
- 5 - 8
- 8+
- Built for silence
- Built for cooling power

So you get to pick two answers..one of the number and one of the purpose.

Last edited:
Sjaak said:
New one. With multiple options like:

fan number:

- None
- 2 - 4
- 5 - 8
- 8+
- Built for silence
- Built for cooling power

So you get to pick two answers..one of the number and one of the purpose.

Agreed. Just hope people dont abuse the voting power...

eobard said:

I would like to see a new poll, Since I have changed rigs twice since two years have passed. My concept of cooling changes every rig I make.

If I was to vote now.. I would pick

Quiet:3 fans|120MM intake 92MM, exhuast/120MM PSU. Upgrading to a cooler CPU allows me this setup.

My last rig was laden with fans and was really loud.

I'm working on it. Just be patient already. LOL LOL LOL Got to get all my ducks in a row and I have no clue what I am doing. I am beginning to see why no one else started a poll though. :rolleyes: It is easier on other sites from what I have seen. Since I am also on dial-up and this site is !NOT! dial-up friendly, it may take a bit. Mother nature is not helping either. We had a tornado come through just a few miles from our house. I live in east central MS and it got a bit . . . hairy. O_O

Hang in there guys, and gals too.

:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back