• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many tnt2m64 owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

cannot overclock their card well? mine just plain blows...I can't get past 155mem, and it still locks up after a time, and I have to go back to default.
Mine is a Guillemot Maxi Gamer Cougar...and it has crap ram...not like the Xentar (which is on it's way to me).
I'm curious as to whether my experience is typical, or out of the norm...anybody with the M64 chipset please post your results.

P.S. I have also used hacked drivers (changed 1 opengl.dll for another) and although I have increased my fps. this card does not scale with the processor speed....at 800mhz I get 92opengl mips in wintune, and at 1.1g I get 92 opengl mips in wintune..Is this typical?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Doc

I have a visiontek 16mb model 64 card. I am able to go up to 175 om the memory and 165 on the core without having any problems. it will go higher, but then i get the random crashes.

I just use the detonator 3 drivers version 6.31. I tried a "hacked"driver, but all it did was jack up some of my game fonts

Mine doesn't work at all....literally. It's in the box, on a shelf in the closet.

For some reason, when I install it, I have to physically reach in the box while I'm booting, and push down on the top rear corner of the card, or the screen goes crazy....lines flashing colors, all kinds of weird ****....

I don't have to push hard...its like the card is too thin or something, and doesn't make contact with every pin. I've tried it on five different mb's...all with the same results.

I went and bought a GeForce 2 MX to replace it...works in the AGP slot fine, so I know it's not that..

I dunno...I guess I just got a duck. Ran good for two days, and then the lines started. Wasn't overclocking it, and the FSB wasn't unreasonable.

?Que pasa?

Mr B

The driver hacking I taught to Doc...just remove your opengl.dll, and replace it wih the 508 opengl.dll, and us it like a regular driver..I sugest to pput your hacked drivers in their own folders...and I usualy put them in my documents folder and update normaly

Back