• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much can I overclock my P3-700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trivi

Hi,

I have a Pentium 3-700 coppermine processor on an Intel 440 ZX board. I am interested in overclocking it, so i was wondering how much can I safely overclock it. I am using the standard heatsink and fan that came with the processor and I use my PC in a non-AC room but it doesn't get too hot. Also my cabinet has 2 fans. Also if I overclock it, how much of the BUS Speed, CPU Multiplier and Chip voltage should I increase? Also I dont think I can increase my CPU multiplier beyond 7 as I had tried to make it 7.5 but it reverted back to 7 x 100 Mhz. Is there any way to get around this?
I would be very grateful for any help from you guys.

bye, thanx

Well I have my PIII700e@910 with just stock heatsink and 4 fans in the case I have a AbitBE6 II did a bios update(Its easy not as scarry as i thought)check your mothboards website,and see if theres a new bios for it

Well, you should be able to get at least 933 Mhz out of it. Most do at least that. If it is a cCO you might expect a little more. I currently have a cCO 800 at 130Fsb for 1040Mhz.

I dont think you can OC with Intel motherboard. Intel does not like the idea of OCing therefore they dont have soft menu like Abit does. If you want to OC, you need to get abit mb or mb with soft menu like.

If your really interested in overclocking your going to have to get another board. Most people will tell you that they're the most overclockable cpu,s out there. However just remember when you overclock your cpu your overclocking all your other components. Your cpu my be ready willing and able, but your other hardware may not be. I have an abit BE6 II and they're great boards for overclocking your system. If your willing to invest a few bucks you can have alot of fun with that 700.

PIII 700E@1030, Abit BE6 II, Mushkin PC133 Rev2.0, Leadtek G'force DDR, maxtor 20gig 7200RPM

If you are new to overclocking I suggest you do some reading the beginers guide on Overcllockers.com home page is a great place to start. Your 700 should be a good O/C but all chips are different I would suggest a better heat sink and fan combo and start slowly and work your way up. Do your home work and good luck

I Agree get a abit or real O/C Board and get the 700 going. 1152mhz here with a slot 1 cbo @1.85volts and a alpha/55 watt pelt or 1100 mhz with just good old air no frig!

I'm with everyone else here, that MB is a little dated and just doesn't have the options you need to do what you want to do. I'd go with something newer, there are alot of good MB out there that can get your CPU up to atleast 933mhz. I have my p3-700 up to 1ghz and its perfectly stable. I'm using an apollo pro chip set, its just an idea, there are even better ones out there now. But the mother board needs to go, if you want to OC'

Back