• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much fluid in your closed loop system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich

Registered
Designing my first w/c system. Of several closed loop designs (no reservoir), one most likely to be used will hold only 20 ounces of fluid. (water/anti-freeze) This does not seem like very much compared to any flow rate. Please provide total fluid amount in your system if similiar. (If it works!) This will help me with my design.

My design. Caprice heater core. Fins 5-5/8" X 10-1/2". Core mounted in a duct with Push-Pull fan config. (2) 70cfm push, (2) 70cfm pull. Home made Pin Fin waterblock, no others. 4 feet of 1/2" ID, 2 feet of 5/8" ID tubing. Mag 3. Rig in box on top of PC.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
My GPU block, Chevette heatercore, and Iwaki 6Z pump cooling circuit holds almost exactly 500 mL of fluid when totally bled of air, and with the T-Line almost full to the top. There's also a fair amount of 1/2" ID tubing, I'd say about ~55 inches of it.

Your planned loop will probably end up needing about the same amount, possibly a bit more depending on how much tubing you use. When filling my cooling loops in the past, I have always just mixed 250 mL of cooling fluid at a time, and prepared more as I need to add it.

My probably holds 3-4 cups, no more than that. No reservoir, with two heatercores, ranging anywhere from 3/8" ID in parallel to 1" ID.

Thanks for help.
20 ounces in my system is the total. Though not together yet, I water filled all components including tubing, then measured. 20 ounces does not seem like much considering how many times the same water will flow through the block in one minute.

How much you say!??

Oh, great!
Some answer in mL some in cups others in ounces !!
Thats helpful when comparing! :p

Alrighty then:
My (for the moment unmounted) system holds 0,611 Halvstop so now you all know.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Wait...wait... let me measure mine in decaliters...

Well, a cup is 8oz, so 24-32oz for above.

And 500ml is half a liter, so something like 15oz, without bothering to look up the conversions.

And 0,611 Halvstop... umm thats 4.8 decaliters....right?? er...

Cheers! :D

Back