• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much is this worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobMonty1987

Registered
I built this computer recently but sadly I have to sell it because I just got laid off and money is going to get tight. It cost me roughly 3k in parts (all new) after hunting down the best prices. Typical retail price of all the hardware (excluding software) comes to about 3.3k. The computer has been so lightly used I would still call it new, and I still have original packaging for the parts if desired. 7.9/7.9 WEI, does any task, great cable management, blah blah, typical powerhouse, etc etc. This thing is a beautiful machine and I am reluctant to sell it, but sadly, it must happen. I would just like to get an honest opinion on what I could sell this for.

CASE - NZXT Phantom Enthusiast ATX full tower (Solid black)
MOBO - ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX 6GB/s USB 3.0
CPU - INTEL 6-Core i7-3930k Sandy Bridge Core Processor (3.2GHz stock, 3.8GHz turbo, 4.5GHz overclock)
GRAPHICS - EVGA GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 3GB 384bit SLI-ready
MEMORY - G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz
SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 2.5" 120GB SATA3 SSD(OS installed)
HDDs - (2x) SEAGATE Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 32MB cache 6GB/s HDDs (in RAID 0 as single 2TB drive)
PSU - Seasonic X-Series 1050W 80+ gold certified, fully modular
FANS - (3x) SCYTHE GentleTyphoon 120mm; (3x) XIGMATEK 200mm w/ white LEDs; (1x) XIGMATEK 140mm w/ white LEDs
LIQUID - CORSAIR H100 extreme performance liquid CPU cooler (maintenance-free)
OPTICAL - LG Super-Multi SATA 24x DVD+R reader/burner
DISPLAYs - (2x) HNC Black 24.6" widescreen LCD monitors with build-in speakers
OS - Fully installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (non-retail, disk included). Custom optimizations made for speed and efficiency.
SOFTWARE - Comes with installed & activated Microsoft Office 2010 Professional.

Last edited:
Remember, you are not allowed to sell stuff on these forums outside of the Classifieds section. This rule is in place for security reasons, the forum staff wants to avoid scams at all cost. I'd remove the bit with your email in it if I were you.

Appraisal is a valid opinion though. Frankly, as an entire system, you'd probably only get $2K or less. Used full systems take a rather large value hit.

If you part out the system and sell each component individually, since that's still tech, I would imagine you can recoup 80% or more of the build back.

Thanks for the response and advice. It wasn't my intention to try to sell it through this thread. I removed my email like you said.

I would like to part out the system, actually. I just figured it would take longer to sell everything that way. I need the extra cash right now, so selling only what I'd need to would be nice. I thought I might snag someone who happens to want a similar build and get lucky. Do you really think 2k would be the most I'd get for it as a whole? All of the parts are new with maybe 30 hours usage total. To buy these parts new would run someone $3200 if they shopped smart. You really think that it drops in value $1200 or more from that alone? That bums me out. I'll go list it for sale properly in the marketing section later today, thanks.

I'll go list it for sale properly in the marketing section later today, thanks.

Just a little heads up on this, you will need 100 posts (quality!) and an ISP email address as your account's email address before you can access the classifieds. :)

Back